Notices

The New Boat has Arrived !

Old 03-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts
Default Re: The New Boat has Arrived !

Originally Posted by rickdarling
That would put you in my neck of the woods at 7- 7:30 I think.
Sounds about right
Old 03-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Great looking boat, congrats. What kind of numbers are you getting out of it - does it have the original factory drives and X dim?
Old 03-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Great looking boat, congrats. What kind of numbers are you getting out of it - does it have the original factory drives and X dim?
I've only been out once so far. Swells were about two feet (with some slightly bigger). I saw 73.7 at less than 4900 RPM with 26P Bravo One props.

I was running with 3 people (quite a bit of equip - incl a quick inflate Mercury tender) and 200 gallons of gas. The boat has standard Bravo drives and the factory x dimension has not been changed.

Let me say this though. Not only is this the first twin powered boat I have ever owned, the trip was the very first (twin powered) go fast boat ride I have ever been on. Although I use to hammer my blown 25 foot Eliminator, this is a new experience for me. The size and controls take some getting use to. As such, I was pretty cautious and didn't fully trim the boat out. I probably could have aired it out a little more and saw another 2-4 MPH.

Last edited by rickdarling; 03-26-2006 at 08:37 AM. Reason: sp
Old 03-26-2006, 10:29 AM
sandman
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome boat, Im officially jealous
Old 03-26-2006, 10:53 AM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

i have a question for you in2 deep how did you post the pic so that it is a thumbnail instead of a full size pic like mine?
The pic is saved at that size on my computer. The file is named something else on my hard drive -- so I was interested to see how it was named a "thumbnail". ??
Old 03-28-2006, 11:53 PM
Registered

Hey H20,

I really didn't want to buy out of state but I couldn't find anything that worked for me locally.

I looked for over a year (and was boatless for the entire time) until I came across the Fountain. Although there were some nice local boats available, I had a pretty tight budget.

I appreciate the invite. Are you part of the group that Tank's with? If so, I emailed him yesterday and I will be joining your "convoy" Thursday morning. I live in Canyon Country (right off the 14 and Sand Canyon) and will drop onto the Freeway as you pass by.
Awesome boat Rick... Did you look at the 95 Fountain 35 in Thousand Oaks when you were looking? I'm on the hunt for a 90's Top Gun... Hey, H20.. where'd you get the awesome paint done?
If I were to get into this first one I need to paint, so it can come out something like the 2nd pic ... without the arch!.
PS I'm close to you guys also, Chatsworth.
Attached Thumbnails The New Boat has Arrived !-new-picture.jpg   The New Boat has Arrived !-38-89k-cigarette-racing-38-top-gun-cleveland-ohio.jpg  
Old 03-29-2006, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by terryandalexa
Awesome boat Rick... Did you look at the 95 Fountain 35 in Thousand Oaks when you were looking? I'm on the hunt for a 90's Top Gun... Hey, H20.. where'd you get the awesome paint done?
If I were to get into this first one I need to paint, so it can come out something like the 2nd pic ... without the arch!.
Was the 95 in Thousand Oaks the one with pro-charged 502s and sitting at a used car lot? If so I talked to them. I thought the boat needed a little TLC. It also had upwards of 250 hours on the power. If I remember right, they wanted $79,950 and were not flexible on the dollars as well.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by h20 toie
Cool i had the Cig out at Route for one of the car shows and go to the bike nights as much as possible.
Next time your in ask George or anyone of the bartenders to point me out. i have taken a few of them for rides last summer so they all know my Cig.

Dan Ellis
Hey Dan,

I eat breakfast with the family at Route 66 Sunday after church. Talked to George for quite some time (he's remodeling a portion of the out side patio). He mentioned how nice your boat was. Were going to have to hook up for a trip to catalina.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by terryandalexa
Hey, H20.. where'd you get the awesome paint done?
The boat was painted when i bought it but the truck was painted in Reseda at Abstract Fiberglass and they have been painting boats for years so they could do whatever you want and help you on the design. There number is 818 342 4814 the owner is Jason
Old 03-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey Dan,

I eat breakfast with the family at Route 66 Sunday after church. Talked to George for quite some time (he's remodeling a portion of the out side patio). He mentioned how nice your boat was. Were going to have to hook up for a trip to catalina.
You got it, i just got back in town and am ready to go if it will stop raining.

Quick Reply: The New Boat has Arrived !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.