Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
38 ft Donzi boat owner missing? >

38 ft Donzi boat owner missing?

Notices

38 ft Donzi boat owner missing?

Old 02-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 38 ft Donzi boat owner missing?

I think I'm with BK, very unfortunate, but I think if I slowed down to wait for my buddies, It would get pretty boring at idle speed, and reorganizing the coolers that had some interesting treats inside would be the first thing I might do to pass the time. I am not sure that the VHF transmissions can be authenticated, and unless the coast guard will authenticate that those transmissions happened, I have to believe he slipped organizing the heavy cooler. Pirates would have most likely taken the boat or the engines at least. My deepest sympathies go out to his family and friends he sounded like one of a kind.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Registered

Wear you Kill Cord
Old 02-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sad..

It also shows that when you are ALONE IN A BOAT crossing the Gulf wear a Life Jacket!!!!

We all think we are invulnerable to a simple mishap.

Wannabe
Old 02-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

The fact this will probably never be solved makes it even sadder. I agree that pirates would have stolen the boat. If the Coast Guard call was authentic might it not have been made from a not so waterproof handheld after he fell into the water while standing on the ice chest having a whizz over the side ?
Not having closure makes things like this so difficult
Old 02-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Registered

Thats a sad story. I agree with Semper Fi about being careless and running 5 miles ahead of your group.

Maybe he was turning around and the boat hooked and threw him out causing the cooler to spill ?? The throttles could have been pulled back as he was holding to the them when he was thrown out ??
Old 02-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Registered

1. Pirates would have stolen the boat
2. If i was organizing coolers it would have been done on the floor of the boat....unless he was getting rid of some ice....but why was the boat going in circle's? If i was doing anything with coolers etc i would have put the engines in idle.....
3. The coast gard call for possible help....this means he was in the boat at that time? two high tech gps units showing no tracks? was anyone out to get this guy? (does not sound like it)
conclusion... since the boat was still running and going in circle's i think he was thrown from the boat some how but it still sounds weired at calm sea's/low speed... and how fast was the boat going in circle's? Man sounds crazy to me.....he's in my prayers
Old 02-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or even possibly a medical emergency and he was attemping to call for help over the radio and may have been overcome. Possibly moving around the boat stirring things up and falling overboard. What ever happened to him it is really very sad for all involved.

Julie
Old 02-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like conspiracy theories, so, I'll join in...
A gal at the office today made a comment to my boss and myself about a former employee that she's still having a little problem with.
Boss looks at her, and says "talk to him(me), he know's people..." now, this is all in jest, but my job is to locate people/materials/ services to serve our business. If I wanted to (and was inclined on criminal activity), I'm sure I could find someone to make him mysteriously disappear, i.e. Hire a pirate, but have them leave just enough evidence to know he is gone, but not enough to find him.

The story is just a little too strange.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it's strange that a guy with alot of boating experience would actually run way ahead and NOT stay together as a group. One of the other guys (a young man) was in a 22 ft boat, that's quite a distance to travel in that small boat.
I think there is something fishy going on.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm sure It could be arranged to have a "vacation" planned for someone to mysteriously disappear. Especially out in big waters.

Long haul for a 22'er - I'd be afraid to make it in less than a 30'.

Just doesn't seem right.

Quick Reply: 38 ft Donzi boat owner missing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.