Notices

Beware on South Beach

Old 02-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Beware on South Beach

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
The waiter never said anything about the 20% (Not 18) for parties of 6 or more that is already added.
That's the norm and stated around here. Tip include for large parties.

Kinda takes away the incentive to do a better job. But, is it legal to charge a tip? Can you deny it for lousey service, or at least cut the % down?
Old 02-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I took some customers out to dinner at a nice Steak house. I slipped the waiter my credit card when we were seated so it wouldn't be a question who was paying. When dinner was over all he brought me was the CC slip to sign. I added a nice tip. The waiter never said anything about the 20% (Not 18) for parties of 6 or more that is already added. I ended up leaving a $350 tip on an $800 check. It really pissed me off the waiter didn't mention it.
Gino,
Go back to that same restaurant with just under the minimum # of people so they can't add the 18% automatically. Request the same waiter (call ahead to see when he is working) then order your $800 fare and don't tip him or even the score....that's what I would do

Bring that reciept from the previous dinner to remind him!!

Last edited by Semper Fi; 02-11-2006 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't forget Joe's Stone Crab South of Fifth, as was said, stay away from Ocean Drive, food is expensive and is all show, tasteless/bland, but very good preperation so it looks nice, they know its all tourists so they're not counting on repeat business. Shula's Steak house is good too, as is Tuscan Steak house, Prime 112.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

problem is by custom s americans and europeans dont tip the norm so at SOME places they have to include gratuity for the employees... also it has nothing to do w/ the size of the party... just make sure u look at the receipt and ask the staff
Old 02-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the heads up

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by miamioffshore
Don't forget Joe's Stone Crab South of Fifth, as was said, stay away from Ocean Drive, food is expensive and is all show, tasteless/bland, but very good preperation so it looks nice, they know its all tourists so they're not counting on repeat business. Shula's Steak house is good too, as is Tuscan Steak house, Prime 112.
shulas is awesome. im a member of the 48 oz club. gotta go to the original one at the country club in miami lakes though. the new ones arent nearly as good.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Registered

Rat Dude, R U speaking from experience?
oh hell no! you would have to drag my azz kickin and screaming all the way to get me to go to south beach. f all that trendy bs.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Registered

I took some customers out to dinner at a nice Steak house. I slipped the waiter my credit card when we were seated so it wouldn't be a question who was paying. When dinner was over all he brought me was the CC slip to sign. I added a nice tip. The waiter never said anything about the 20% (Not 18) for parties of 6 or more that is already added. I ended up leaving a $350 tip on an $800 check. It really pissed me off the waiter didn't mention it.
sounds like karma to me.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Many years ago at the Miami Show I took eveyone to a nice restaurant,got great service,great food,got their steak and lobster special for everyone,left a 20% tip on my credit card.A week later the restaurant called me,said they made a mistake, we had 12 people,they only billed us for 11,so they were charging another $50 to my card.This was before the days of credit card disputes,I wound up paying for it. Wish I could remember the place so I could post it, it was one of the famous ones. Hey,if I mess up,I pay the price,but in Miami,if they mess up,the customer still pays
Old 02-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Registered

Just hang out with Zul and have him pay

Quick Reply: Beware on South Beach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.