Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   You pick the engine ! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122342-you-pick-engine.html)

Pure Energy 02-12-2006 11:08 AM

Re: You pick the engine !

Originally Posted by Tantrum
I know there are very few big blocks that can hold the sticks to the dash as long as me....when I find um I look to see what they are running. JC Perf or Zuls is what I usually find :drink: :chick: :drink:

AHHHHH, so you can read the JC Performance sticker on the back of my boat!!! :D

SCARABJ 02-12-2006 09:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Kieth Eickert or JC Performance!! Kieth is building the motors in the baddest nortech ever built the new 47 epoxy!! Ballistic!

pm203 02-12-2006 09:43 PM

Customryder,
Is the Donzi history?

LubeJobs42 02-12-2006 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by SCARABJ
Kieth Eickert or JC Performance!! Kieth is building the motors in the baddest nortech ever built the new 47 epoxy!! Ballistic!

I am working on a new project. A friend of mine introduced me to Keith Eickert. When I spoke to him on the phone I felt like I was meeting a celebrity. I have to say, he is a very nice guy! When I told him what I was doing he agreed to help. After talking with him, it took me 16 hours to decide to let him do the work, have the engines pulled from the boat, got someone to rent a trailer, and got the motors to Eickert shop 200 miles away. I guess I didn't want to give him a chance to change his mind. He is going to see what he can do to bump up the power. Also change what ever he has to raise my RPM redline to over 6500. I'm excited to see what he can do with these. I'm going to need every bit of HP he can get out of these.

SCARABJ 02-13-2006 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I am working on a new project. A friend of mine introduced me to Keith Eickert. When I spoke to him on the phone I felt like I was meeting a celebrity. I have to say, he is a very nice guy! When I told him what I was doing he agreed to help. After talking with him, it took me 16 hours to decide to let him do the work, have the engines pulled from the boat, got someone to rent a trailer, and got the motors to Eickert shop 200 miles away. I guess I didn't want to give him a chance to change his mind. He is going to see what he can do to bump up the power. Also change what ever he has to raise my RPM redline to over 6500. I'm excited to see what he can do with these. I'm going to need every bit of HP he can get out of these.

In the past kieth has had problems with people that wanted to "help" him.. no matter what he has always been a class act!.... the real KIETH EICKERT is back!! and back to stay!

MikeyFIN 02-13-2006 08:08 AM

Definitely Eickert

88Fount33 02-13-2006 09:22 AM

I prefer to build my own, just wish I had a full machine shop so I could do more of the machine work.

Stormrider 02-13-2006 09:41 AM

Eickert will build 700+hp for 25K w/ exhuast?

Stormrider 02-13-2006 09:42 AM

If you are going w/ custom... go w/ someone local.

Single With Twins 02-13-2006 11:08 AM

not sure on pricing but i know of a few boats in my area that have great success with Sterling, 1200's and 1550's. i saw the post from Double R too, they have a lot of stuff to look at. isn't Innovation now Nor-tech engine builders?????