Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   You pick the engine ! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122342-you-pick-engine.html)

addiction 02-13-2006 11:09 AM

Re: You pick the engine !

Cobra!

SCARABJ 02-13-2006 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Eickert will build 700+hp for 25K w/ exhuast?

No chance

drgnrydr 02-13-2006 05:18 PM

why wouldnt you build it yourself ? Its not that difficult, buy a good block, good crank, rods blah ,blah, blah.lots of good products out there.I have built a few & am suprised how easy it was.just dont buy cheap **** & do some research.

BJM 02-13-2006 05:29 PM

J.C.Performance
Your paying for a product = to anybody else @ a much lower price. Your not paying for a big pretty shop,advertising,boat shows,huge overhead,etc. Jeff is a good person who always does the right thing! Big reliable power @ a fair price. There are alot of members on OSO that have J.C. engines(me included) and you never hear a bad thing. + you get a free reach around with each rebuild :D :D

Lucididee 02-13-2006 05:49 PM

MTM :drink:

mama tryed 02-13-2006 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by customryder
Thanks! the 1000s are to much for the Arnesions, i will give Nor tech a call & see what they can do for me.

I think a pair of 5.7 liter Mercs would be the ticket!! :D :D

customryder 02-13-2006 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
how about viper 625s?

Bullhead 02-13-2006 07:17 PM

Joey Griffin in Washington NC, great reliable engines at reasonable price..definitely no bs...I know he has done some engines in Nortechs with excellent results

customryder 02-13-2006 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by drgnrydr
why wouldnt you build it yourself ? Its not that difficult, buy a good block, good crank, rods blah ,blah, blah.lots of good products out there.I have built a few & am suprised how easy it was.just dont buy cheap **** & do some research.

I could build these engines... i built the chevy big blocks in my jet boats, close to twenty years ago... but resale would suffer no one want motors built by "Jeff" (Me) in a 300k boat. I wish they did.. Thanks

drgnrydr 02-13-2006 08:19 PM

I understand what you are saying but if you are going to use the boat then I dont think that it matters who built them but how they were run by the operator.The only reason I bought my eliminator was it had extended eng & drive warranties.I looked at several boats with built motors but didnt find any that were '0' time since build.The break in is the longevity in the motor for the most part unless fatigue failure or ?I am already looking to install my own & keep my 525s