Throwing money around like its water! >

Throwing money around like its water!

Notices

Throwing money around like its water!

Old 02-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts
Default Re: Throwing money around like its water!

With that boat it might be becuase he can't get insurance for it. how many companys do you know that will insure a 160+ boat.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some people seem to enjoy the build process more than than owning the finished product. I see it with houses also, someone spends a few years building some spectacular house and before you know it's on the market. (although with homes you try to make a profit). It seems rich people get bored easier, maybe that's cause they can afford to
Old 02-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

reminds me of the cigarette called Strip Poker I was at Smoke on the Water a couple years ago and the dealer said I could take it for 800,000. Then about a year later we read about laying outside uncovered and repoed minus a motor I think. Yikes what a shame sometimes
Old 02-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by h20 toie
With that boat it might be becuase he can't get insurance for it. how many companys do you know that will insure a 160+ boat.
I highly doubt its due to a lack of insurance! If you can afford to buy a boat like that chances are you could also afford the full replacement value of it . Im also sure that if someone with a boat like that were to injure someone else with the boat i.e (hitting someone on a jet ski). He could afford to buy his way out of the impending lawsuit.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by h20 toie

LMAO, it's not.

He's been offered plenty for it. It's not for sale until he's done with it. The ad is mainly for show, unless the check is big enough.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Registered

Look at the "Man of Steel" boat . That was the hottest boat going then it went up for sale. The boat didnt sell right away now the paint is stripped and the motors are out of it to try and dump it for less money. If i was the guy who put my long hours into painting it or building those monster motors I would be pissed to see something like that go to hell like that.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They go for sale immediately because once the owner is seen a few times in his latest creation the thrill is gone and its off to the new project. Its all about "Hey, look at me!!!!".........
Old 02-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dhlaw
They go for sale immediately because once the owner is seen a few times in his latest creation the thrill is gone and its off to the new project. Its all about "Hey, look at me!!!!".........
Aint that the truth!
Old 02-13-2006, 03:16 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

If you're making 30-50mil a year... then it wouldn't be such a big deal.

If you enjoy building the boats, this is a cheaper way to go about it than acutally going into business to do it.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Registered

Ms PatriYatch has a very good point, some are more into the build process and might even be burned out in some cases before its done.

I know of three 300-500k boats that were listed as soon as they were completed all for more than the owners actually paid so dont assume they are taking a beating. Are they really for sale, probable not for much less than the asking price. I dont know what the average sell time is on a boat in this range but Im sure in some cases it could take a year or two.

There is also a mentality that comes with some boat owners that which asks "how much will it cost to run the boat for X amount of time". If it costs a couple hundred thousand to run a boat for 2 years than thats the number they (and their accountants) are interested in. Not weather the boat costs 900 or 1.5.

Lastly I know most want to believe there are guys out there that money is no big deal. Ive yet to meet one. Most guys with this kind of money are very shrewd business people who have some disposable income to spend on a very expensive hobby. They arent dummies and they rarely throw money around for no reason......thats how they end up with alot of it

Quick Reply: Throwing money around like its water!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.