Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Throwing money around like its water! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122457-throwing-money-around-like-its-water.html)

Need-the-Speed 02-14-2006 12:02 AM

Re: Throwing money around like its water!

I think to many people are being overly judgmental about individuals making these types of transactions. You would be surprised how many of these people obtained the wealth the have. In my opinion, most of them, not all, but most, have definitely earned the right to spend their money the way that makes them happy without being judged. I know if I had millions of disposable income to spend on my hobbies you bastads would be reading about my $hit on a monthly basis :eek: :drink: :evilb:
Just think about income for a minute....Many of these people make millions of dollars per year. Lets say a round figure of ten million on a yearly basis. Thats almost 200K of gross income (about 100k after uncle sams cut :rolleyes:) a week!!! You can buy a $hit load of boat with that coin!

dean51267 02-14-2006 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed
I think to many people are being overly judgmental about individuals making these types of transactions. You would be surprised how many of these people obtained the wealth the have. In my opinion, most of them, not all, but most, have definitely earned the right to spend their money the way that makes them happy without being judged.

94.7% of all millionairs in America are self made......

let'em spend it anyway they want to, those guys working 60 hours a week to build theose $900K boats have families too!

BigDadys93x 02-14-2006 07:45 AM

Now don't get me wrong. I am not the type of person that gets jealous if the guy next to me makes 10x the money I do .I also understand the whole " If you got it why not spend it " attitude. I am also in favor of pumping money into the economy (everyone needs to eat right?). But some of these guys are building these high dollar hot rods then put them up for sale and start building the next big thing when their "old boat" still hasnt sold . This leaves a bunch of these boats sitting at marinas for sale and only a cetain percentage of the people can or want to buy them. And Im sorry maybe im wrong here but if Im going to drop 200-300k or more on a boat you can bet your sweet ass Im getting the boat i want and deffinatly not a used boat!

Ms PatriYacht 02-14-2006 07:57 AM

kind of along this line, I remember following the tread on painting Snake Eyes . I thought the guy that owned it and selected that wild custom paint job was going to be so excited to run it once it was done. It seemed like once he finished it, it was gone in a flash.

Panther 02-14-2006 08:15 AM

Here's another angle. Let them spend a fortune and sell it to me for a huge loss! :drink:

BLee 02-14-2006 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by hugetime1
I'll bet speed racer is for sale because LOOSE CANNON smoked it. that is what I saw on the video

LMAO. Yeah, there's a FPC video of me passing Xtreme Xzibit too, but like Speed Racer, he wasn't racing. :D

Why is this thread still breathing? :rolleyes:

hugetime1 02-14-2006 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Troutly
I have no problem with people spending their money the way they want to...I do the same thing. But for some to say that some of these people are brilliant in how they made and spend their money is almost laughable! :D

There is nothing brilliant or financially wise in spending your money on an asset that depreciates as fast as a performance boat does. There are much better places to put you money.

If you want to do it because you can, fine. If you want to do it because you want to, fine. If you want to do it to satisfy your ego, fine. Just don't try to tell me it is some wise investment. :p

PS...I aint brilliant either! :D :evilb:

ok who is smarter the guy who pisses away a million dollars on a boat because he can or they guy that puts himself upside down in a boat loan because he can't really afford it. some of you need to stop and think about what is really obserd. remember half of you have no business even owning boats and certanly have no business telling a multi millionare how to spend his money!

fund razor 02-14-2006 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by hugetime1
remember half of you have no business even owning boats and certanly have no business telling a multi millionare how to spend his money!

Fortunately ALL of us OSO members have the right to an opinion on this forum.

Nobody has told anybody what they can and can't do until your post just now.

ratman 02-14-2006 02:28 PM

to build and run speed racer is kinda of like spending 20 mil to fly to the moon with the russians. the thrill of the ride makes it all worth while

TeamSaris 02-14-2006 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by dhlaw
They go for sale immediately because once the owner is seen a few times in his latest creation the thrill is gone and its off to the new project. Its all about "Hey, look at me!!!!".........

When King Sting came out in 99 it was passing My Way and was in Hot Boat. He still has it. It is his pride and joy. So that is not alays true. But it usually is.