HELP !! No speed limit on NH lakes

Notices

HELP !! No speed limit on NH lakes

Old 02-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: HELP !! No speed limit on NH lakes

CMG honestly you have lost me on this one. He said that if his side lost he would come and congratulate us. I guess he is a man of his word although this is far from over. Formula Outlaw talked to this guy at some length on the phone and I think that they both came to an agreement/understanding of one another. I think your hatred is clowding your vision bro. We are all on the same side but IMO you are taking a little bit of an extream stand that could hurt us. This guy I honestly think while he supports the bill in some form is not as hard lined as Acres, fat bastard and all the other clowns on Dons web site. I bet that I could get HB162 out on one of our boats and get him to see some of our points. Heck maybe he woudl see that they do not run the way that some paint them to be run. We will eventually have to make some compromises on this subject. If not this year maybe next. These guys are not going to just go away. I know that would never happen with many of the hard line guys. Just my opinion of course. I kind of take the old hold you enemy's near aproach.

Jon

Last edited by Audiofn; 02-26-2006 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Yes, and if this law does get squashed, there will still be some sort of new legislation to satisfy the HB162 supporters. And, thats a good idea, because once and for all, we want the senate to consider this case CLOSED!
Old 02-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HB162
Congratulations Guys!

The opposition turned out the troops Friday and made some good points.

From the questions the Senators asked it seemed to me they were looking for a compromise. I bet most of them don't like going against public opinion on a safety issue, but they think HB162 goes to far.

I'll bet the speeds go up and it goes back to Winni only, maybe a weekend only limit. Any bets for 60/30 on summer weekends? Or an exception for the broads?

One of the "59"
Lets hope for a 100% toss out.. No need for any type of blanket speed law, way too broad.
I would whole heartedly back a few more no wake zones that im aware of where it does get congested on the weekends
Eagle Island and govenors, Between lockes island and mainland etc ..Its worked so far .And facts clearly state the boater certification/education WORKS WELL.
I believe its the proponents that could have gotten a compromise instead of going for the jugular.

Last edited by Pantera1; 02-27-2006 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even if the Senate votes down HB162 its not over. It goes back to the House where they can amend it and send it back to the Senate. Or they can send it to a Conference Committee of Senate and House members that try and work our a compromise bill that both sides will pass.

I think some version will pass even if its only the "reasonable and prudent" standard.

It ain't over till its over!
Old 02-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If they totally loose this then I am sure that they will go after the big waves next. They already said that even if they win and the waves get worse as we have said that they will then they will start to try and get a law past for waves.......
Old 02-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by polar1
Even if the Senate votes down HB162 its not over. It goes back to the House where they can amend it and send it back to the Senate. Or they can send it to a Conference Committee of Senate and House members that try and work our a compromise bill that both sides will pass.

I think some version will pass even if its only the "reasonable and prudent" standard.

It ain't over till its over!
That,s why it,s smart not to shoot it down completely. A revised law which is watered down enough to make us happy and to keep any future HB162,s from ever materializing again is what is needed.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Registered

The next battle will be horsepower limits. Count on it!

There are many small lakes in NH that have them already.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Registered

I had a very good phone conversation with HB162. He made some points that I, in good common sense, had to agree with, and he agreed with some of my points. On some other points we respectfully agreed to disagree.

He is NOTHING like AcresofIdiots, Bearlover, FatazzedJack, and the rest of those selfish self centered idiots that kiss Don's Azz.

You guys who have come to know me know I don't pull punches and will cross swords with anybody at any time. HB162, who I have crossed swords with in the past, was VERY respectful of my opinion and of the opinon of this Board. He was also grateful that he was allowed to express his opnions on OSO, something that we surely cannot do on Don's www.weinie.com board.

One thing we cannot lose sight of is that all opinons are allowed here. That makes us so much better than Don's site that it's not even worth arguing about.

In closing I will say that I appreciated HB162's respect that he showed me in our phone conversation (which was 25 minutes long at least) and of our Forum.

My feeling is that there is going to be a lot more discussion up in NH before this is over. We will get much further by being respectful to all people. Just win our battle with fact.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Any updates?
Old 03-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing since the hearing last weekend.. 150 against 59 for HB162, at the hearing. Another boating related bill was introduced that would improvements to the current laws
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legi...06/HB1463.html

Quick Reply: HELP !! No speed limit on NH lakes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.