Notices

Destin

Old 02-25-2006, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Destin

We need a Galveston race... they haven't been back here since 1994 and this place has 2 new convention centers that would make for a great venue

Ernie
Old 02-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by birdog
I'll be in Key west to meet all the boaters, Watch the poker runners come in & enjoy the warm weather....
If a race breaks out , thats fine...I dont really care anymore
what you guys do

I'm with You Birdog. I 'll meet you at ConchRepublic for a beer to watch them come into the docks

The races are just an added feature

Last edited by CAP071; 02-25-2006 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alot of Information will be posted on the SBI/APBA web site shortly and will open alot of people eyes to why its isnt working and where the true blame is...
You really shouldnt point fingers if you dont have a clue or all the Information on what is really going on, there is 2 sides to every story.
Patri have you called SBI/APBA and spoken to JC and have your facts first hand??? Has he told you how much he wants for OSS and what they would have to pay??? You say its too much, how much is too much...please tell us.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Registered

Maybe i have this wrong but are you saying you can race OSS Worlds and not be a Reg. OSS members,and you don't have to race 2 races to run the OSS Worlds? I read the rule book and that what it looks like to me, so if you have different information or a contact at OSS we would all like to know??? Are you speaking of behalf of OSS are is this just your option???

Looks like both rule books read the same to me, so I don't see the big surprise here ...
Old 02-25-2006, 03:25 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last Galveston races were 96 and 97. But with a good hurricane season again this year all the *****in' can stop and everyone will have to race in SoCal!!!!
But Destin in November..somebody smokin' crack..oh! thats how you will stay warm there..Key West for me!!
Old 02-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Registered

SBI/APBA/OPA/OSS all have their own end of the year championships. When you race in Key West you start from scratch with no points, and the race is decided there. So why does the Key West race if it is a Worlds have to be ruled by SBI. At this point since there are several strong racing organizations there should be a separate fraction like the World's Racing Federation. if you have raced a min. number of races or accumulated a certain amount of points in your organization you should be eligible to race, and each boat should pay the organizer the same fee. This would mean more money for the organizer, more money for the city, more fun for the fans, and certainly a more meaningful title for the winners.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

BIG EGO s get in the way I would assume
Old 02-25-2006, 05:12 PM
Registered

Who you suggest pay the $500,000.00 - $600,000.00 it take to put on a Worlds like Key West for 10 days ????
Old 02-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scott B
Wow, I'm gonna agree with a lawyer??

OK, so the OSS folks dont want to actually have to race some of the SBI races? To be a true worlds, they must all race together at some point in the season, otherwise screw the season, lets just have em all show up and have one race a year...
Thats pretty much a given they race their own scedules, so having them all show up to race at the end of the year sounds like a good idea to me and the 1,000's of others that only see that one race a year
Old 02-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Registered

Key West is open to an boat that meets the rules no matter what group you run. OPA and POPRA,and the Great Lake series when they where racing have done it for years whats changed...????

Quick Reply: Destin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.