Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: damn coast guard

That had ta hurt!
Old 02-25-2006, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
To me it's immaterial, who in this situation had the right of way. The Coast guard saw the other boat, and it's obvious that the other boat that was traveling was looking at the distressed boat in the opposite direction, NO REASON what so ever shalt have the coast guard boat kept traveling in that direction could have slowed down for 2 seconds, I think the video is B.S. Where is the common sense.
Agreed, if they had time to try to try to alert the boat over the loud speaker they certainly could have backed off the throttles for i second. I guess they had to make their piont as who had the right of way.
Cant fix stupid.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

I finally got it to run. Man there was nothing "speedy" about that boat. I figured it was a big performance boat but when it got up there it was like tiny.

Obviously that speedboat driver had his head up his ass to not see a big cutter like that, but what's up with the cutter trying to hail the little guy by loud speaker? One toot from the cutter's horn and the whole thing could have been avoided
Old 02-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

here ,hold my beer
Old 02-25-2006, 08:26 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Those idiots in the outboard never looked at the cutter, and displayed the same level of skill seen in many of the wave runner operators around here, IE, turning to the left whilst looking over their right shoulders, morons.

The cutter and the helo were obviously on a call and the outboard operator shouldn't have come within 500' of them.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by packinair
I just registered.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
I just registered.
The captain of the Coast Guard boat is no better than the idiots in the little boat. Like Troutly said BOTH captains have a responsibility to avoid a collision. Right of way means nothing and sirens mean nothing.
I guess two rights make a wrong
Old 02-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Troutly

4) Again, unless the Coastie is given right-of-way by law in the manner they are responding to an emergency call, the starboard approaching powerboat has right-of-way. But, as mentioned before, all captains have a duty to avoid a collision no matter who has right-of-way so there is fault to be shared here.
Agreed. But CG, in this situation has to set the example, 2 wrongs don't make a right. By their actions, the main objective was to go out and help the distressed vessel. They failed miserably in my eyes to do their main objective, SAVE LIVES. Instead, they felt due to their authority they had the right of way, and were very lucky that another tragedy didn't happen cause of the CG captains ignorance. I still think the video is B.S.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:10 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by birdog
The #1 rule is to avoid collision...The CG Captain saw the other boat & took no evasive steps. I bet he is back to swabbing decks now !
I bet he won't be reeinlisting. He is supposed to do whatever is required to avoid collision, regardless of rightaway. I would have slowed down or turned as soon as I saw the other guy wasn't looking.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OH YEA That Coastie has a Page7 in his file (AKA a bad thing)

I wouldn't be suprised if he isn't a coxswain anymore.

I can't play Monday morning quarterback on this, unless I was on board. I would have to know the entire situation.

But Someone on that USCG boat should have pointed it out to the Coxswain that there was a collison that needed to be avoided. I wouldn't be suprised if Booze was involved. on the private boat.

Quick Reply: damn coast guard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.