Old 02-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very sorry for your loss.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
I'm sure if some kids stole your own personal stuff, say your boat, and the cop saw it happen that you would want us to just stand there and write down his the license plate too
Well I certainly wouldnt want them dead just for stealing my boat.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,824 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Well I certainly wouldnt want them dead just for stealing my boat.

Nobody said or implied that at all. Like I said, its very sad that someone lost there life over this, especially since he was not the one in control of the vehicle.

Last edited by Griff; 02-21-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very sorry for your loss
Old 02-22-2008, 12:36 AM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.

Originally Posted by Griff
I'm sure if some kids stole your own personal stuff, say your boat, and the cop saw it happen that you would want us to just stand there and write down his the license plate too
#1 Sorry for the loss
#2 this was kids at an IHOP not a boat.
#3 Congrats Griff on winning the most insensitive post year award. Please do not hijack this thread with your antics.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:50 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,824 Likes on 909 Posts

That post was directed only at WaterJunkie and I apologize if it was taken any other way, especially by 45sonic and their family.
WaterJunkie improperly stated the facts in his post about the officer jumping in front of the vehicle when actually the vehicle swerved at the officer according to witness accounts. Then WJ made personal attacks calling people idiots for not agreeing completely with his point of view.
Most people will never understand about having to make a life or death decision and having less than one second to make that decision. Its easy to sit back, look at the situation afterward and say what should have been done. I'm sure there is not a person involved that doesn't wish they had done something differently.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

45sonic and family. I was not on this board back then but I'm very sorry for your loss. That was a truley tragic story for all involved.

I consider myself blessed that in my 14 years in law enforcement, I've never had to fire my weapon outside of the range and spend a lifetime reliving why I fired it....or have my family spend their lifetime wondering why I didn't.

To the rest, I think what Griff was trying to get across is that unless you were there, you really can't offer an educated opinion. It's simply not possible for you to know what was going on in the mind of the driver and the officer at that particular second. I don't know any officer that has been involved in a shooting that doesn't wish it had ended differently, justified or not.

Most people don't get up in the morning, shower, dress and go to a job where there's a reasonable chance that you are going to have to make a split second decision about taking a life. It's just not something that your average person thinks about on a daily basis. But we do. My hope every day is that I, and everyone I come into contact with, ends the day home with the people they love. In our job, sometimes, that doesn't happen.

It sounds like it was determined that several bad decisions were made that night, by all involved, and changes were put in place to help prevent something like this from happening again.

That being said, I've read this thread from start to finish and read far more heartfelt condolences than useless rants. The one thing I noted is that the one person I would excuse for shouting out from the mountain top, 45sonic, has showed an incredible amount of class and tact by not stirring the fires and has further requested that we don't either.

A thousand different things could have occured to make a different result that night. But they didn't. I can neither support nor condemn the actions of anyone involved because I can't know what happend. Neither can you.

Again my heartfelt condolences to 45sonic and family as you remember your nephew. I'm sure the passing two years has done little to ease all your pain.

Last edited by Ryan8886; 02-22-2008 at 07:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Registered

Sorry for your loss!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:40 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ryann 8886............very weel said. I would think that everyone here on this forum would, or at least "should" feel the same.

Thank you, and again, sorry for your loss

Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 02-24-2008, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Griif,

I really think you need to rewrite your post or at least reread it. You do come off saying that someones life is worth less than $30 or your boat. If that is how you feel you are a sick pup.

WILL

Quick Reply: Nephew killed today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.