Notices

Used boat pricing?

Old 02-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Used boat pricing?

The economy is doing just fine. Anyone who says otherwise just plain doesn't know what they're talking about, doesn't know how to read the indicators, or has some sort of hidden agenda.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
This is exactly why I buy older boats that have been re-done. Everyone is different, but I'll never buy a new boat. Just my .02
Same here!
Old 02-26-2006, 12:29 PM
jb
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve_H
im not argueing interest rates are way to high. all im saying is, that same 100k loan is now costing the borrower twice as much as it did 2 years ago. add the increased price of gas and insurance and you have a lot of guys deciding it just aint worth it anymore. maybe im wrong but i dont see to many boats selling lately.
ding ding ding... we have a winner..

the overinflated prices from when the rates were low are catching up to the owners who want new rides..... get comfy and keep your seats warm! The boats that are still priced normal or at market are those that were financed before the low low rates
Old 02-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by CAP071
Found a boat I like but I'm blown away by the Price

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/3/81777453.htm

Is it Me or is this boat over priced? It's a USED single engine.
Is this the same boat? I think it is. I'm pretty sure it HAD a 525 in it before. I checked out the 05 left over at the DC show. Pretty nice!
Attached Thumbnails Used boat pricing?-2003_0610_151025aa.jpg  
Old 02-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Registered

ck the price on a new 25 outlaw. 28 sunsation, 28 donzi ect.ect, then compare boat for boat. the A.T is a way better boat if you do not want to stay on wimppy water or rivers. the price really is not that bad, and posted prices are always a starting spot. i have a small bis and the economy seams just fine to me. also take a good look at cabin size the A.T will always win. you get what you pay for.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Registered

It goes without saying that it costs more to borrow money when interest rates increase. This doesn't have much of an impact on most day-to-day buying decisions. But if you're in the market for a house, you might think twice about buying as rates rise. For instance, if you need a $200,000 mortgage – which is not uncommon now that you can buy a home with essentially no down payment – you would be paying $1,163.21 every month in principal and interest for 25 years, if your mortgage interest rate was five per cent.But if that rate was just one percentage point higher, your payments would be $1,279.62 per month. And that doesn't include property taxes. Bump the rate to seven per cent and your payments are just over $1,400 a month. Might be enough to make you think twice about buying. If you don't buy, then those big box hardware stores might not see as much of you since you won't be renovating that new house. Same goes for the furniture stores that wanted to sell you that entertainment unit for the new home theatre you were thinking of installing. Take the same logic with a high ticket item that costs alot to operate (high fuel bills) I can see a pretty big down turn in the boat market......

On the other hand, if you've paid off your mortgage and have a whack of cash lying around, higher rates mean the bank will pay you more to let your money sit with them. With the baby boom gen. creating a huge amounts of retired people looking to generate income from selling large homes etc, I'm seriously thinking of getting into becoming a fund manager......