Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Look what I found out in a Barn !!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123470-look-what-i-found-out-barn.html)

Coolerman 07-07-2009 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES (Post 1640394)
Look what I found sitting out in a barn! :eek:

After removing the covers and clearing off the dust, I found these Twin Turbo engines. Aluminum Blocks, Aluminum Heads along with a whole lot of goodies inside and out!

As I removed each component I would find more and more engineering that just amazed me!

The creative ideas that lay inside these engines were just unbelieveable.

I hope OSO can help me with finding the person that may have designed and/or built these engines.

There is one person's name that comes to mind, Bruce Falls?

I have 32 photos I will post here to share.

Maybe somoene knows where I can find out more information about these engines and possibly get more parts for them?

I hear they were in a 42 CUV at one time and a few other boats as well.

Come on OSO!

Info needed.... Thanks! :drink:

Haha, yeah..... Barns like that have nicely finished concrete floors and drywall that's nicely painted.

Dredgeking 07-08-2009 05:58 AM

What kind of turbo engines did Reggie put in the 10 meter Fountain in the late 80's? Weren't they about 850 hp each and pushed the boat over 100 mph?

C_Spray 07-08-2009 10:37 AM

Hey Sharkey - I just spoke with Wiley McCoy at McLaren Engines about these engines. He says he knows "everything about them". Call him at (248) 477-6240.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-08-2009 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by C_Spray (Post 2905517)
Hey Sharkey - I just spoke with Wiley McCoy at McLaren Engines about these engines. He says he knows "everything about them". Call him at (248) 477-6240.

Thanks Chuck.

This thread is over 3 years old.
A friend of mine is no longer involved with the boat and I have lost touch on the status. Last I heard they eventually got them on a dyno but were still working out some kinks...

Obviously the owner is in no rush to get this boat together.

Jolley 10-04-2013 06:59 AM

Tim, Do you have any more info on these???????

Is there a name you can reveal to google? This was a cool thread. Some 'fine characters' responding in it.

'Cause Sharkey Knows Everything' :):):)

delsol 10-04-2013 08:14 AM

I'm pretty sure these were the engines that were listed in the classified section last year...

82predictor 10-04-2013 09:53 PM

My brother in law has a set of these for sale, a different set than these. They were the ones in upstate NY that were mentioned in this thread. PM me for more info.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 10-05-2013 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jolley (Post 4006596)
Tim, Do you have any more info on these???????

Is there a name you can reveal to google? This was a cool thread. Some 'fine characters' responding in it.

'Cause Sharkey Knows Everything' :):):)

Sorry I do not.

Last I heard the boat was tested with the engines on Barnegat Bay.

Kept hearing all the things they would like to do but the boat has yet to see a race course in all of these years.

I don't know everything, but I know when to stop listening after hearing the future plans several times....

SHARKEY-IMAGES 10-05-2013 06:13 AM

Here is a good hint to has the boat.

The owner raced a triple O/B Cobra cat in SBI called Pancrecarb

SS930 10-05-2013 08:30 AM

Gabe Sipos

BTW, awesome engineering, I'd love to own those engines myself!