JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: looking for Cigarette blank 35-38ft

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
WOW !!!

Seans Cafe looks really nice guys !!!

Who's shoppin for 35 Cig ?????
If I had 2 engines and konrads sitting around, i couldn't think of a better boat that's ready for them.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

rob-- I take it you're looking for Doug? Whats he doin with his hull and what's wrong with it if anything?
Should look at that 41 Apache --- although it's only a 3 seater which sucks.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by delsol
rob-- I take it you're looking for Doug? Whats he doin with his hull and what's wrong with it if anything?
Should look at that 41 Apache --- although it's only a 3 seater which sucks.
He's got bottom issues, it's getting too close to time to put it in the water, and the repairs are well under way, but the shops gonna get real busy soon with spring approaching, and it would be alot easier and faster to swap all the stuff out, and finish that bottom work as time permits, and if you know doug, he wants wants it in asap. The glass shop came up with the idea of a hull swap, and he said they found him a real nice flat deck with the same 3a's for 30K with a trailer, but he's looking and considering options, cuz like me, he thinks the flat decks, are sweet boats, but look a bit dated. The cafe is a great boat, he's had it for close to 10 years, with no complaints about anything as far as ride, usability, coolness factor, or room on that size hull, and a top gun has the same size cockpit, and a little more lenght and cabin, but is about the same boat, maybee a little heavier though, and its too bad the older cigs are so heavy, cuz with his power, he'd really be flying if he had a newer lighter one. Those late 80's early 90's cigs are tanks, but thats why they are so tough and ride so well in the snot. He knows I come on here, and that theres a huge audience nationwide that knows what boats are where, so I've got him pic's, numbers, and prices for everything. I'm hoping to get him hooked up asap, the moneys waiting for the right hull to pop up, and if he can get the boat in by spring, I'll be happy, cuz I know I dont want him and the 15 people he always invites out trashing my boat. He doesnt mind putting new vinyl in every few years. Me, I dont like anything but my boat always in pristine shape. It really takes the fun out for me if I'm always walking around wiping off seats, and watching everyones actions. He's more like party on, we'll clean it tomorrow.

That apache doesnt have the cockpit room for his type of boating, and it's gotta weigh alot, if anything I'd say a lighter newer cafe would be perfect. I dont know what changes they had in lamination schedules over the years, or what years the cafe ran, but his 87 is a heavy mo fo.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

nothing rides like a fright train bucket with HUGE POWER no pads , no step and for sure NO BEAK

jr mike
Old 03-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonz
nothing rides like a fright train bucket with HUGE POWER no pads , no step and for sure NO BEAK

jr mike

I know that story, too many put in bay runs with him in his boat, while I'm on mine, and other friends in fountains, hustlers, and other boats. We were all smiles running the 50 miles of lake st clair & the Detroit river, they quickly turned to frowns on lake erie's mess, as he passes up with a big smile on his face... at least he punched a nice hole thru the rollers for the rest of us to follow him the rest of the way. Teamwork baby!
Old 03-02-2006, 03:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Advantage_Rob
I'm asking this question for a friend who is looking for a Cigarette shell. The perfect hull, would be either a 35 cafe racer, or 38 top gun, with an interior. He's got everything he needs, including big power, drives, trannys trailer, guages, strainers, trim tabs, strainers, ect.. So a basic blank with an interior is all he needs. Somewhere in the 1987-1994 range, and any opinions on what price range seems to be good. I've found some already for good prices with trailers and drives, but they are mostly older flatdecks, and thats not what he's looking for. I know this is the place with all the knowledge, thats why I'm here. Thanks in advance. Rob
Check your PM's
Old 03-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Lake Cumberland Marine has a few. Not sure what the "real" number is for them, but what they are advertising them for ($$$) is probably the reason that they've been for sale for a looooong time. I'm not sure, but I think that one of them is a staggered config.
I was up there last year and they got hulls everywere! you know some been there for years ....nice nice rigs ....covered & empty ...
Old 03-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Check your PM's

You sendin him Kevin's direction?
Old 03-02-2006, 08:06 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Mike at B-Bracket in Lauderdale. When I drive down 95 I see a boat that appears to be a older Cigarette 35 or 38 sitting in the yard.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
You sendin him Kevin's direction?
Yea, actually Kevin sent him a PM. That Top Gun of his is one of my all-time favorite boats! He's fallen victim to "Twin-Step Fever"! His straight-bottom TG hasn't left his garage since he got that T/S a year and a half ago.

Attached Thumbnails looking for Cigarette blank 35-38ft-kevinstg.jpeg  

Last edited by OldSchool; 03-03-2006 at 09:35 AM.

Quick Reply: looking for Cigarette blank 35-38ft

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.