what is the going $$ for 502 MPIs

Notices

what is the going $$ for 502 MPIs

Old 03-04-2006, 06:33 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Default what is the going $$ for 502 MPIs

Looking @ selling my 1998 502 MPIs with Gaffrig K+N filters, the rest is stock and they are in EXCELLENT shape w/ approx 300 hours.
Here is a pic before I installed the Gaffrig air cleaners.
Thanks,
Dean
Attached Thumbnails what is the going $$ for 502 MPIs-nordicengine.jpg  
Old 03-04-2006, 09:13 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: what is the going $$ for 502 MPIs

Dean ...When you figure it out pm me.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by R Addiction

R,
Are you looking for 1 or 2 ?
Thanks,
Dean
Old 03-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Dean, I take it you are looking to sell the 502s and pick up a pair of HP500s? I thought you were selling a couple HP500s from your post on the other thread on what 1997 HP500s are worth.

Just asking because I may be looking for a HP500 myself.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Dean-

Why would you take out EFI motors and put in HP 500's? You can build 500hp out of a 502 MPI really easy. I think this would be a step backwards. Of course this is just my opinon.

Don
Old 03-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R Addiction
John, if you want one, I may be interested in the other.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:47 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dgduck13
Dean-

Why would you take out EFI motors and put in HP 500's? You can build 500hp out of a 502 MPI really easy. I think this would be a step backwards. Of course this is just my opinon.

Don
Hi Dean

I'm moving up your way next month, maybe see ya on the river this year.
I agree with the above statement. The motors in my Cafe were warmed up with just a cam change, ecm tune, and some head work. Made 515HP on the dyno easy. Better to do it that way and you'll have motors you know and will be brand new. I would never buy a used motor and put it in without taking it apart first. I dont care who you get it from you never know whats inside till you look. If you need some help let me know, Ive built several of them.
Dan
BTW...in ans to your question.....3-3500K undressed. You can get new for around 6K

Last edited by DanB; 03-05-2006 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:28 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by DanB
Hi Dean

I'm moving up your way next month, maybe see ya on the river this year.
I agree with the above statement. The motors in my Cafe were warmed up with just a cam change, ecm tune, and some head work. Made 515HP on the dyno easy. Better to do it that way and you'll have motors you know and will be brand new. I would never buy a used motor and put it in without taking it apart first. I dont care who you get it from you never know whats inside till you look. If you need some help let me know, Ive built several of them.
Dan
BTW...in ans to your question.....3-3500K undressed. You can get new for around 6K
Dan,
COOOLLLLL! Where are you moving to? The Hp500s are from a very good friend, and I know the exact history of them, in fact I drove/tested about 1/2 of the hours that are on them now. I figure if I can do the deal, I'm going to buy the HP 500's first and have them gone thru, and they will be good as new! I just saw an ad in the classified for my exact motor, 70 hrs less running time, for $7700!
I'm thinking a more realistic # is $6000-6500 apiece, full dress. They are in AWESOME shape and ready to go.
Let me know when you are moving Dan, maybe we can give you a hand, if I'm in town. It would be great to have you and the family up here to hang with! You have to come over to the TIKI bar for an adult beverage, on us of course!
Dean

BTW, we are going with a small group, (that is getting bigger everyday) to Hontoon's on the St. Johns River for Memorial day weekend, you are more than welcome. We are staying @ www.hontoon.com

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 03-05-2006 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:36 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Dean , I'm interested in one and Cuda may be interested in the other.... If the price is right
Old 03-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Dan,
COOOLLLLL! Where are you moving to? The Hp500s are from a very good friend, and I know the exact history of them, in fact I drove/tested about 1/2 of the hours that are on them now. I figure if I can do the deal, I'm going to buy the HP 500's first and have them gone thru, and they will be good as new! I just saw an ad in the classified for my exact motor, 70 hrs less running time, for $7700!
I'm thinking a more realistic # is $6000-6500 apiece, full dress. They are in AWESOME shape and ready to go.
Let me know when you are moving Dan, maybe we can give you a hand, if I'm in town. It would be great to have you and the family up here to hang with! You have to come over to the TIKI bar for an adult beverage, on us of course!
Dean

BTW, we are going with a small group, (that is getting bigger everyday) to Hontoon's on the St. Johns River for Memorial day weekend, you are more than welcome. We are staying @ www.hontoon.com

Dean
Moving to DeBary...about a mile from the launch ramp on the St Johns. Should be in Apr 4. Got the movers all lined up. If all goes as planned meeting on Mem day should be no problem.

Dan

Quick Reply: what is the going $$ for 502 MPIs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.