Memorial day Weekend on St. Johns River >

Memorial day Weekend on St. Johns River

Notices

Memorial day Weekend on St. Johns River

Old 03-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Memorial day Weekend on St. Johns River

Andy, you bringing the new boat down to CR anytime soon?
Old 03-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Yeah,
That's what I'm going to try also.
Dean
Last year when I got my 27pc I had problems with the anchor hanging on the bow stop, I pull the trailer up about a foot and the trailer bunks lift the bow enough to clear the bow stop..Overall its a good ramp and I'm a big fan of the floating docks they have at the park ramp..
Old 03-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by florida gator
Andy, you bringing the new boat down to CR anytime soon?
One of these days... I've been busy as hell & haven't done anything with it since I picked it up.

I'd like to get it over there & do a run to Hudson & check it out down there.. never been. I was eyeballing what looked like a nice house on the water there (Hudson) but never drove down to check it out. I want to get something on the water before it's too damn expensive, CR is getting rediculous for all the shallow water canal homes.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Registered

Hudson is where the fun begins. I trailer down there quite often. From Hudson your about 1/2 hour from Hooters in Pt Richey, The Crab Shack, Anclote Key & Sand Bar. It is under an hour from the ramp (including the small idle zone) to Sheppards on Clearwater Beach. I wish I would have bought something down that way a few years ago.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

How is the ramp at Hudson? Also, how deep is the running water offshore? I know you have to go quite aways out of CR to be in more than 10-15 ft of water, which never makes me really happy.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Registered

Ramp is a good one but, only a single ramp. Not much parking and probably not enough room for your size trailer. I'm trying to think of some other spots I know that would work for your size boat. I was once told about a private ramp owned by a homeowners association that you cold join for a small annual fee. The water gets deep quicker but, you don't need as much depth to run comfortably. Not many rocks down there. You're also not far from the icw.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Since we're hijacking...

How far of a run from CR to Hudson? It isn't too far south of Homosassa is it? Spring Hill area, right?

Of course the CR ramps leave quite a bit to be desired as well.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Registered

Maybe 35 miles from the end of the channel. I've never run from CR. I normally put in at Homosassa if I'm running south. If I think about it tommorow, I will check the gps for the distance.

Have you been further down around Pinellas County yet?

We'll have to hook up sometime. I'm in Ocala quite a bit. Usually either Tin Cup or Posh.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Haven't done much down near Pinellas, short of fishing a few years back. I joined the OPBA in '04, but the hurricanes kinda ruined that year.

If you're in Ocala, give me a call. I'm not a big fan of Posh... one of the owners is quite the turd. Nice concept, but Ocala isn't quite ready yet, I don't think they'll last through the year.

Tin cup is pretty good, I know the owner, she was a big help to me when I tried to open a club a few years back. Downtown Billiards isn't bad either for drinking & I know the owner & manager real well there too.

I'm in Citrus county somewhat often, although not nearly as much as I used to be. I need to get over to Citrus Springs & get some For Sale signs up.. time to sell more property.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Registered

I have a buddy that just sold 30 lot's there to a developer. Made good money on them all. That area's been pretty hot.

Did you actually get your club open? I helped a friend buy a 4 cop license for Citrus. We have been trying to figure out exactly what he needs to do.

Quick Reply: Memorial day Weekend on St. Johns River

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.