Like Tree0Likes

put-in-bay

Old 03-07-2006, 10:18 AM
Registered

My Boats: Apache 28 Brave
Default Re: put-in-bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
You can not tow your boat to Put In Bay, you would have to put in somewhere and go over by boat.
I know many boats who have been towed home!!!
Old 03-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Registered

Port Clinton is a good jumping off point, not sure on ramps in that area though.

depending on what kind of a boat ride you want, you might want to put in somewhere on the west side of detroit, too.

I think rafting on the public docks is limited to 4 deep. that's usually where the party is, though. There are private marinas on both sides of the public docks, as well as balls to tie off to in the bay with a free shuttle to the island.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Registered

My Boats: Looking

I second Mazurik Access for a good launch ramp and over night parking.

11. MAZURIK ACCESS. Located on North Shore Boulevard just north of State Route 163 (East Harbor Road). Amenities: Public boat launch, breakwall, fishing, restrooms.

http://www.danburytownship.com/parks2.html

No dockage but direct lake access.

If you go in on the East side of the island make sure you go all the way to the marker before turning as it looks inviting to cut closer but is shallow. Usually there is a lot of boat traffic and you can see what they are doing.

You can also go to the west side of the island and follow the route that the Jet Express uses in and out.

Cordell
Attached Thumbnails
put-in-bay-copy-islands-overview.jpg  
Old 03-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Registered

My Boats: Blackthunder & Malibu ski boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fund razor
I know many boats who have been towed home!!!
I stand corrected towed by truck

I am no expert by anymeans but I could have sworn we have been rafted off way more than 4 deep.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
I stand corrected towed by truck

I am no expert by anymeans but I could have sworn we have been rafted off way more than 4 deep.
I haven't been there in 2 years, and the last 4 or 5 years that we went we didn't stay at the public docks, so i don't know.

I'll tell you one thing, DO NOT dock on the outer wall of the public docks. A real big storm rolled in one year while we were there and totaled 2-3 smaller boats out there, and smashed a 68' tollycraft against the wall hard enough to do a few grand in damage before he pushed off and headed out to ride the storm out in the lake. This was probably 10-12 years ago, there were 4'+ waves in the bay and 70-80 mph winds.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Registered

My Boats: 24' Pantera

sleeper dave is right - don't dock or moor outside.

I haven't been there in a few years, but I had to anchor out in the basin once, and take a water taxi to shore. Took the latest taxi back to the boat - woke up in the morning to a really strong wind outta the NNE. It broke the anchor loose on a 35' Blo-bote that was heading straight for my boat - pushed him off (he was headed for shore if he didn't hit something along the way) Immediately hit the blower and pulled anchor - had one helluva good ride running back to the Maumee river - was a damn good thing I fueled right when I got there the night before.

Get there fairly early on a Fri. and get into a raft on the public docks - it used to be the bars closed at 1:00, so the party moved out to the docks. Not sure how late they stay open now.

Don't get arrested there

Not that I would know... It is a pretty quick fine, (1 hour in holding, pay your ticket and go)(so I'm told...).
It kinda puts a on the evening.
P.I.B. is a blast! Have fun.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the info. I was told that island is a lot fun. We are looking forward to partying at put-in-bay.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Registered

My Boats: Century 2600 cc

there is a great ramp across the street from my house at the catawba island state park. i think i`ll be going back over this weekend when the ice gets blown out. gotta love outbords
Old 03-09-2006, 07:01 AM
Registered

THeres a handfull of us that are on the islands about every weekend, RHC, Team Baja, Crazybastard, DonziChick, Scott, ect. ect.....post a thread closet to the time your planning on coming.

Roger, count us in on the run again this year, I havent been on OSO in a while, are you still in the 36??
Old 03-09-2006, 11:47 AM
Registered

We went up the weekend after July 4th weekend last year. The place is out of control! I had an absolute blast. I can't remember where we launched but we docked at Dan's Marina right in the heart of Put-n-Bay. It fit my 35' just fine and I felt safe leaving it there. We stayed in a hotel and just used the boat to pleasure women with boat rides and what not....

To anyone who hasn't been, I highly recommend going at least once. It has the same characteristics as Vegas, 3 days is plenty for your system!