Anyone Boat at Lake Raystown, PA???

Old 05-21-2015, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will be up there this weekend !
Old 07-12-2015, 06:51 PM
Registered

Spent this past week out there. First trip out with the Nova & all went well....other than the confirmed kills at the rental cabin...1) snake, (hatchet) .....2) mice (traps at 1am)..... 1) septic system. (God only knows)....and my Lab got a nasty 6" cut from what must have been barbed wire, while chasing a Fox.
Weather was spotty, made it out on the water 3 outta 6 days, but no complaints. Saw the fireworks over the water..been a few years for that.
Now, back to the surreal world....

Old 07-13-2015, 05:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

I am heading up there camping on the 23rd for the weekend.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:38 AM
Registered

I believe we will be up this coming Saturday (7/18.) I normally launch from James Creek ramp.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm at the lake pretty much every weekend rain or shine. Although its been more rain than shine this year... I too launch out of James Creek. I have a house right out at the end of the road in Coffee Run Acres. It makes it nice since I launch her and the boat, take the truck/trailer back to the house and ride a street/trail Honda back to the launch. It saves me from parking in the "Zoo".

The lake is holding up well with all the rains. I guess the upper end has a little debris yet but I stay between James Creek and the dam until I'm sure the upper end is clear.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:34 AM
Registered

I think we passed you a couple weeks ago while you were anchored in the cove across from the island near pebble beach.

My parents have a summer home near 7 Points Bait & Grocery. I normally trailer to James Creek. 7 Poinst will not allow me to launch at the marina and the public lunch - not sure where I would park the truck & trailer...

Memorial day - the lot was full at James Creek. I asked the ranger where shall I park... He suggested I load the boat back on the trailer and look for another ramp! I parked in the grass and he said that is going to cost you $50 ticket. I told him to start writing as I was going boating... I kept my end of the bargain and so did he... LOL

Originally Posted by Scagburner
I'm at the lake pretty much every weekend rain or shine. Although its been more rain than shine this year... I too launch out of James Creek. I have a house right out at the end of the road in Coffee Run Acres. It makes it nice since I launch her and the boat, take the truck/trailer back to the house and ride a street/trail Honda back to the launch. It saves me from parking in the "Zoo".

The lake is holding up well with all the rains. I guess the upper end has a little debris yet but I stay between James Creek and the dam until I'm sure the upper end is clear.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:20 PM
Registered

Lol - I did the same thing years ago but it was only $25 back then!

That would have been me, the cove across from the island is H2 or Baker's Hollow. We go there often but make our rounds. I'm pretty sure I saw you launching one day. Do you have custom trailer with a drive guard?

That's a nice area there at Seven Points but the launches do suck for larger boats. My buddy lives right there in Lakeland Pines. (Just before the Bait and Grocery)

Originally Posted by mummaiv
I think we passed you a couple weeks ago while you were anchored in the cove across from the island near pebble beach.

My parents have a summer home near 7 Points Bait & Grocery. I normally trailer to James Creek. 7 Poinst will not allow me to launch at the marina and the public lunch - not sure where I would park the truck & trailer...

Memorial day - the lot was full at James Creek. I asked the ranger where shall I park... He suggested I load the boat back on the trailer and look for another ramp! I parked in the grass and he said that is going to cost you $50 ticket. I told him to start writing as I was going boating... I kept my end of the bargain and so did he... LOL

Last edited by Scagburner; 07-13-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:56 PM
Registered

That would be me. We either hit the Chesapeake or Raystown. I have spent summers there since I was 6. Learned to scuba dive there too - back in the day when the dive shop used to be beside the canvas shop at Jim's Anchorage.

Our house is back Baker's Hollow road.

Lol - I did the same thing years ago but it was only $25 back then!

That would have been me, the cove across from the island is H2 or Baker's Hollow. We go there often but make our rounds. I'm pretty sure I saw you launching one day. Do you have custom trailer with a drive guard?

That's a nice area there at Seven Points but the launches do suck for larger boats. My buddy lives right there in Lakeland Pines. (Just before the Bait and Grocery)
Old 07-13-2015, 02:17 PM
Registered

You folks were putting in while I was tied to the dock parking my truck. I heard you fire up from the far parking lot, while my wife & daughter had front row seats, and i walked right by you as you pulled the truck away. Probably your bike I saw when I went back later. Very nice set-up.
Lot of debris at the bridge and further south. Saw it when we watched the fireworks from the bridge Sun night, and it was still bad when we tried to get down past the resort, so we stayed up north all week.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by High Cetane
You folks were putting in while I was tied to the dock parking my truck. I heard you fire up from the far parking lot, while my wife & daughter had front row seats, and i walked right by you as you pulled the truck away. Probably your bike I saw when I went back later. Very nice set-up.
Lot of debris at the bridge and further south. Saw it when we watched the fireworks from the bridge Sun night, and it was still bad when we tried to get down past the resort, so we stayed up north all week.
I thought the boat in your photos looked familiar...

I rarely go above the Resort but I do like to run up as far as the Resort from time to time. I know a lot of people docked there and they say it's clearing up but I'm not risking it.

Quick Reply: Anyone Boat at Lake Raystown, PA???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.