Noise Laws at Tahoe? Enforced? >

Noise Laws at Tahoe? Enforced?

Notices

Noise Laws at Tahoe? Enforced?

Old 03-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Noise Laws at Tahoe? Enforced?

I make the pull to Tahoe at least once each year and have not been bothered with noise enforcement. Rick Bowling has had several tickets for sound but now is running Gone Again with twin turbo charged motors so he's now quiet. I usually stay at the Homewood side and launch at Obexers. I idle away on one motor and jump on the sticks only in the middle of the lake, but I also eat and need fuel so I kind of watch the noise around docks. Try to keep the stern pointed away from the beach and shore when iding away. My motors are 1000's with big tube stellings. Enjoy the lake, it is one of the most beautiful places to boat in the country. Doug
Old 03-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

kokopelli,

Don't miss the North end of the lake, too much to do. Don't worry too much about Baumgartner, he'll only try to board you if you have no mufflers. The local activists don't much care for the Poker Runs but we try to stay away from the shore when we're into the sticks real hard.

Rick Bolins house is just across the bay from the marina where the sherrif docks. He got to the point a few years ago that all he had to do was fire his boat up and Baumgardner would write him a noise ticket. He stopped trying to chase him down and just drove up the road and dropped the ticket in his mailbox.

It is one of the best places to boat. Don't be fooled that it's just a lake, that water gets as big as you can imagine.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Registered

kokopelli,

No Helli-skiing in the Tahoe basin.

Doug,
Where are you boating out of and what boat is yours?
Old 03-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lofty,

Where's the best place to launch? We figured we'd launch at the keys marina since we aqre staying there but I seem to rememer hearing its a pretty tight ramp. Any suggestions?
Old 03-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lofty

The lake has some REAL hi rollers. Lakefront homes run in the $15mil + range. They go WAY higher if they have a dock since no amount of money will get one built with the new greenie laws.

Luckily there are guys like Rick Bollens (Gone Again) who have mansions on the water and like seeing (and hearing) offshores out.
So what you are saying is that one house I've found is a bargain. Only drawback in Cali!!!!

http://www.tahoeidx.com/idxsearch.cf...&la=any&do=any
Old 03-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lofty, I own the #1 35' Jaguar and live in Newcastle Ca., just outside of Sacramento. See you on the delta this summer or Tahoe? Doug
Old 03-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Registered

kokopelli, I never launch at South Lake but I do know the keys is a little tight. If the water is low when you get there then you'll be limited to getting a hoist in. I drop in at Obexers, they have a big deep ramp.

Zudnic, if you think $970k is a bargain for a 1/7th ownership then... ok! Looks like a nice place though.

Doug, I know your boat then. We met last year at the bridge to bridge in Sac. That Jaguar a sweet ride! Sounds great! I ran with Ron Gibson in his MTI. Didn't bother even bringing my boat.... waaaay too slow.

We'll see you on the water this summer.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lofty
Zudnic, if you think $970k is a bargain for a 1/7th ownership then... ok! Looks like a nice place though.
Little humor... Prices in Tahoe are a little nuts for what you get. My current area; 2 acres 5 bedroom 5,000sq. ft. house 4 car garage with Columbia River and Cascade mountain view's sold it for $360K... I hate this state and my area so despite being very inexpensive I'm moving....

I'm only leaning towards Tahoe (Nevada) because the area is nice, but more important, in my line of work personal asset protection is a must! Plus the tax advantages of a Nevada Corp is a real bonus.... (mostly stock promotion)
Old 03-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lofty, We did meet at the bridge event. Kind of nice to put a face with a name. Sounding good is about all I do at that run. I have yet to even be respectable but it's still fun boating wide open where I usually have to idle through on one motor. I will try to prop down to get some rpm's for this year and that short run up. Who am I kidding, I can't run with the shorter boats in that smooth water. Looking forward to the new season. I think we are getting a group of boats for the last week of June for Lake Tahoe, before the crazy 4th of July weekend. Doug
Old 03-13-2006, 01:55 AM
Charter Member # 430
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am interested in getting out there soon, maybe late June/Early July. I used to know the owner of Tahoe Rental Connection who rents a lot of the Keys.

What's the best place to find a rental in the keys these days?

Quick Reply: Noise Laws at Tahoe? Enforced?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.