Like Tree0Likes

anyone running b max drives ?

Reply
Old 04-15-2006, 07:43 PM
  #21
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,223
Default Re: anyone running b max drives ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrusher
How do the B-Max compare to Konrads? Also what is the cost on each? I'm running approx 850hp on a 36' cat and have xr's beefed up by max machine but broke a prop shaft end of last year and replaced upper drives which were pitted. Don't want to spend money for #6's but want reliabilty.
Thanks
I know a guy who had them on a 37 talon cat and he blew up 6 in one season with only 575's. The next year he converted to 6's. It seems like 6's or Arnesons are the only way to go on cats. I would try the Konrads first though.
OL40SVX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 10:46 PM
  #22
Registered
 
Back4More's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lake Michigan
My Boats: 353 Fastech
Posts: 6,624
Default Re: anyone running b max drives ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
I got both my drives on Monday. I have a bunch of other work to do and hope to be in the water the next week or two.

I also got one of the motors fired today

Remember to break them in easy....
How did you mount the reservoir bottles?
Prop them so you spin them high enough to get way past your max TQ.
Good luck with them.
Back4More is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 10:55 PM
  #23
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
articfriends's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Frankenmuth
My Boats: EX 99 MPH 272 Baja owner, 1999 Scarab 33 AVS NOW
Posts: 6,072
Default Re: anyone running b max drives ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
I know a guy who had them on a 37 talon cat and he blew up 6 in one season with only 575's. The next year he converted to 6's. It seems like 6's or Arnesons are the only way to go on cats. I would try the Konrads first though.
Six B-maxes or Max worx? Was it uppers or lowers? I'd love to hear the details if you have them of what broke,thanks,Smitty
articfriends is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:03 PM
  #24
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (5)
 
johnnyboatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: NO WHERE
My Boats: FASTEST INNER TUBE
Posts: 3,358
Default Re: anyone running b max drives ?

the talon cats appear to be heavy not sure the weight but appears they need surface drives or #6s. im putting a pair on a 31 warlock cat now.
johnnyboatman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:26 AM
  #25
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Lucididee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ID
Posts: 7,954
Default Re: anyone running b max drives ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
I got both my drives on Monday. I have a bunch of other work to do and hope to be in the water the next week or two.

I also got one of the motors fired today
Now get the other one on the boat and fire the other motor up too.

BTW........How did the new neighbors react to the noise?
Lucididee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:18 PM
  #26
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Signal Hill, CA
My Boats: 2000 Formula 382
Posts: 149
Default Re: anyone running b max drives ?

Do the new HT lowers bolt to the "Pokr Run" uppers??

What is the difference and cost???

KL
CAFormula1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:05 AM
  #27
Geronimo36
Gold Member
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Elkton, MD
My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout
Posts: 11,838
Default Re: anyone running b max drives ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucididee
Now get the other one on the boat and fire the other motor up too.

BTW........How did the new neighbors react to the noise?
I couldn't fire up the other motor because I put the drive on that side and it has no oil, I didn't get my Amsoil shipment yet. Otherwise I would have fired it up!

The neighbors were really cool about it. Actually the neighborhood is great! One of the guys walked over to check it out. He said; "So, I guess you don't use that for fishing?"



Quote:
Originally Posted by Back4More
Remember to break them in easy....
How did you mount the reservoir bottles?
Prop them so you spin them high enough to get way past your max TQ.
Good luck with them.
I mounted the bottles on the 1/4 bulkheads on each side of the motors as high as I could get them. They also gave me some aluminum mounting brackets to use. It only took me 15 - 20 minutes to mount.

Those bottles are huge though!

I guess I need to break them in for 4-5 hrs Dean said. Kind of a pain in the a$$ though when you're trying to test props.. I'll just have to be patient I guess.
Panther is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:14 AM
  #28
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,223
Default Re: anyone running b max drives ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by articfriends
Six B-maxes or Max worx? Was it uppers or lowers? I'd love to hear the details if you have them of what broke,thanks,Smitty
They were B-maxes. I dont have the full details. I only know how many he went through.
OL40SVX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:35 AM
  #29
Registered
 
mr_velocity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,084
Default Re: anyone running b max drives ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
I guess I need to break them in for 4-5 hrs Dean said. Kind of a pain in the a$$ though when you're trying to test props.. I'll just have to be patient I guess.
4 - 5 hours is like a season of river running for you.

Hope you have better luck with these drives and just maybe your wife will let you come out and play with us
mr_velocity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:50 PM
  #30
Rob
VIP Member
Trade Score: (6)
 
Strip Poker 388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison,Mississippi
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 21,567
Default Re: anyone running b max drives ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
I couldn't fire up the other motor because I put the drive on that side and it has no oil, I didn't get my Amsoil shipment yet. Otherwise I would have fired it up!

The neighbors were really cool about it. Actually the neighborhood is great! One of the guys walked over to check it out. He said; "So, I guess you don't use that for fishing?"





I mounted the bottles on the 1/4 bulkheads on each side of the motors as high as I could get them. They also gave me some aluminum mounting brackets to use. It only took me 15 - 20 minutes to mount.

Those bottles are huge though!

I guess I need to break them in for 4-5 hrs Dean said. Kind of a pain in the a$$ though when you're trying to test props.. I'll just have to be patient I guess.

I have never heard anything about break in????
__________________
.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Strip Poker 388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
SinkorSwim
General Boating Discussion
9
03-17-2008 08:33 AM
Fenderjack
General Boating Discussion
7
02-06-2007 05:38 PM
NOMOGOFAST
General Q & A
0
04-04-2006 08:44 PM
docmanrich37
General Boating Discussion
6
02-09-2006 08:46 AM
trader1
General Boating Discussion
5
04-07-2004 10:50 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.