If you owned a Marina.....

Notices

If you owned a Marina.....

Old 03-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts
Default Re: If you owned a Marina.....

You just need both types of rack storage:

Build a Dry Storage facility with a year round strip club attached. The fuel dock and bar will make you all the profits you need, the rest of the revenue will pay your fixed overhead costs.

Call it: All Racks......................
Old 03-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rack storage with clubhouse/restaurante/gym/tennis courts etc woudl be great. Id settle for rack storage that doesnt beat up my boat though. One that can tak eit out when you come in and not make you leave it there for them to move. open later then 5. lots of floating docks covered in bumpers.
of course no one will want to pay extra for these features. so itll have to be storage fees and club fees optional if you want the extra stuff.

or maybe a marine with covered slips and lifts instead. id prefer that to rack storage, buy less efficient.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Ya, I'd like a strip club too, but that won't fly. And my wife would not find humor in my hiring practices!

I can't say much about the marina, but it does have heated and unheated inside storage, as well as outside storage. Has a large travel lift. Has a few prime movers, and I believe one of the big ones has a mast that goes down below grade to launch small boats. There is no rack storage there now. They have a well equiped service department, but has a bad reputation - lots of opportunity with it. There is a ships store, and there is room for a small strip mall / hamburger joint / summer supply store. But buying the place would be a huge financial thing, and building in the first few years would be a stretch.

Last edited by waybomb; 03-09-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waybomb
Ok, did it, works now!

Now, what about sailboaters? How does a power boater learn to treat sailboaters with respect? But seriously, the marina has some large sailboats becuase it is blessed with deep water. I guess I'd have to learn to just get along, eh?
That when you look at boaters as a dollar sign $$$$ sail boaters or power boaters....even paddle boaters
Old 03-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Registered

I have gone through this with a client, call me and I can offer suggestions that have worked here, your example could have been my guy.... 270-554-0720... BTW - at the expense of pulling my own chain, I am THE small biz guy in Western KY, have been down this road many, many times.... no fee for talkin...
Old 03-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Registered

interesting thread, though i am not an owner, i have worked for 2 different marinas with rack storage. Rack storage is a great idea but there are a few things to keep in mind....you have to have nice equipment and a clean facility, you mentioned the marina you are looking at does not currently offer rack storage and though you can build a big building for a reasonable price, forklifts are not cheap. If you decide to go through with it then go and try to find reliable staff that are capable of running a forklifts and dont mind working every weekend during the summer. I guess im used to it, been doing it for about the last 4 years, but it still kill sme when i see everyone else out on a beautiful Sat. and im workin
Attached Thumbnails If you owned a Marina.....-dscf0152.jpg  
Old 03-09-2006, 10:53 PM

No cat boats. byrdman that means you
Old 03-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

i would have hookers............
Old 03-10-2006, 04:03 AM
Registered

I would charge sailboaters 10x normal gas prices and give powerboaters a discount!
Old 03-10-2006, 04:11 AM
Registered

Even if you charged them 10x's the gas price you still wouldn't get them for one fill up for a powerboat. And, they'd probably STILL brag about how little fuel they use. BORING, I know it's all money but we are powerboats only and will stay that way.

Cheers,

Andy

Quick Reply: If you owned a Marina.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.