Spookiest thing you have seen while boating >

Spookiest thing you have seen while boating

Notices

Spookiest thing you have seen while boating

Old 03-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Spookiest thing you have seen while boating

When I was a kid we use to play on the rocks in our marina in Brooklyn. A few feet out in the water was a burlap type bag. My friend said it was a money bag.Of coarse the first thing you think is it's full of money. We got it out of the water and cut the rope that tied it close. When I looked inside there were 2 dead puppies. I had bad dreams forever. Since then I'm an animal nut.

Another incident, same area, it was early spring time, we were walking on the shoreline with a metal detector. We saw something a few feet in front of us. When we go closer it was a dead body. We called the police. They came to check it out. They had to wait for the coroner to come. The tide started to rise and the body was going to start floating again if it wasn't moved. 2 of the cops went to the body and grabbed it by it's hands. As they pulled the body to higher ground the skin from the hands pulled right off. One cop immediatly got sick. It was very erie. Turned out it was a homeless women that had been living inder a near by bridge. She had been in the water for weeks. Very memorable smell.

I Love NY!!
Old 03-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Seeing an 8 to 10 feet shark swim by your boat in the state channel
Old 03-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was young we were out a mile or so offshore and saw what appeared to be a dog that had drowned. We didn't go closer to look at it, but I think it scared the crap out of my dad.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Seeing an 8 to 10 feet shark swim by your boat in the state channel

"yer gonna need a bigger boat"
Old 03-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pulling a dead body out of the water half eaten

ewwwwwwwwwww and it smelled
Old 03-10-2006, 07:11 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Yuck, worst was when I had to pick up body parts after a floatplane crash, floating everywhere, looked like hamburger.

Have seen dead bodies pulled out of waters in New York, Chicago and a few weeks ago, Florida. Yuck.

Cool JC! I nearly rode the back of a 5 foot bull shark off Key Largo. He came up to look at me while I was snorkeling, not two feet below me. I briefly thought, "Hey, I can drop my legs on either side of him and grab his dorsal fin for an awesome ride!!" It was an overwhelming desire, but the few logical brain cells in my head decided that would not be smart.

Last edited by CBR; 03-10-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Registered

Wow, cant believe all the dead body stories! Thats something I think about all the time running around Lake Erie. Ive run across some things like shirts or shoes and wonder where they came from.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 865 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
We got it out of the water and cut the rope that tied it close. When I looked inside there were 2 dead puppies.
I'd love to catch someone doing that
Old 03-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
When I was a kid we use to play on the rocks in our marina in Brooklyn. A few feet out in the water was a burlap type bag. My friend said it was a money bag.Of coarse the first thing you think is it's full of money. We got it out of the water and cut the rope that tied it close. When I looked inside there were 2 dead puppies. I had bad dreams forever. Since then I'm an animal nut.

Another incident, same area, it was early spring time, we were walking on the shoreline with a metal detector. We saw something a few feet in front of us. When we go closer it was a dead body. We called the police. They came to check it out. They had to wait for the coroner to come. The tide started to rise and the body was going to start floating again if it wasn't moved. 2 of the cops went to the body and grabbed it by it's hands. As they pulled the body to higher ground the skin from the hands pulled right off. One cop immediatly got sick. It was very erie. Turned out it was a homeless women that had been living inder a near by bridge. She had been in the water for weeks. Very memorable smell.

I Love NY!!
my roomate found a dead body in the hudson also. Must be a ny thing. Sharks get them down here.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back in middle school, had a 15' Whaler. As many of you know, the free board is about 1'. We're out near Shell Island and someone tells us an old, 50' Chris Craft, hardtop and all, sank near the entrance channel. As we're leaving the beach we decide to cruise the side of the channel looking for it. As we're drifting around, I look straight down next to me and see the white hardtop about 1' below the surface. Couldv'e put my hand down and touched it.

Knowing that a huge ship was just beneath me with so little between me and the sunken wreck FREAKED ME OUT!

So I became a scuba diver.

Quick Reply: Spookiest thing you have seen while boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.