Great Moments In V Bottom History

Notices

Great Moments In V Bottom History

Old 04-04-2012, 06:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
The first stepped hull was a seaplane's pods. The step broke the water's adhesion to the pod making the seaplane faster on takeoff so the statement that stepped hulls are not faster than nonstepped hulls is not accurate.
Really???
Old 04-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Why?
I found it to be a very informative thread, Sprinkled w/ a generous portion of pixie dust!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, I thought maybe T2x had some more news
Old 04-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by golfmaxgolf
I found it to be a very informative thread, Sprinkled w/ a generous portion of pixie dust!
It IS unique but I'm not gonna touch it with a ten foot pole....
Old 04-05-2012, 07:07 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Damn, I thought maybe T2x had some more news
Okay...it's official...I am not dead.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, Scratch the bottom of that Memory Bank and give us some more Kibbles. Cause if we don't get it in print now when you and some others go offshore racing in the sky all will be lost......just sayin
Old 04-05-2012, 01:06 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
Well, Scratch the bottom of that Memory Bank and give us some more Kibbles. Cause if we don't get it in print now when you and some others go offshore racing in the sky all will be lost......just sayin
This year has been a tremendous downer in that regard. It started late last year with the 3 tragic fatalities at Key West. Dieter Schultz, one of the creators of the tunnel hull passed early this year. Then Jim Hauser passed away, a long time player in the marine business who was a God son Of Carl Kiekhaefer, and a good and valued friend. Then came the 3 fatalities at the Vintage event in Mount Dora in March, followed by Debbie Fleischman's death only last week and Clive Curtis this week. While all of this has been going on, some of the greatest guys in the history of boat racing are fighting battles with serious illnesses. Phil Lewis, Gene Lanham, Steve Sirois, Jon Culver, Bobby Sheer, Mark Kronenberg, and, most recently, Jim Poplin are all bravely facing significant health challenges or have , thankfully, made it through the storm.

These people meant and mean a lot to me and they have given to all of us in so many ways. Maybe we should take a moment and thank our various versions of God for all we have. I know these issues have had a profound effect on many.....

Happy Easter to all especially those most deeply and personally affected by the above trials and sorrows.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 04-05-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
This year has been a tremendous downer in that regard. It started late last year with the 3 tragic fatalities at Key West. Then Jim Hauser passed away, a long time player in the marine business who was a God son Of Carl Kiekhaefer, and a good and valued friend. Then came the 3 fatalities at the Vintage event in Mount Dora in March, followed by Debbie Fleischman's death only last week. While all of this has been going on, some of the greatest guys in the history of boat racing are fighting battles with serious illnesses. Phil Lewis, Gene Lanham, Steve Sirois, Jon Culver, Bobby Sheer, Mark Kronenberg, and, most recently, Jim Poplin are all bravely facing significant health challenges or have , thankfully, made it through the storm.

These people meant and mean a lot to me and they have given to all of us in so many ways. Maybe we should take a moment and thank our various versions of God for all we have. I know these issues have had a profound effect on many.....

Happy Easter to all especially those most deeply and personally affected by the above trials and sorrows.

T2x
AMEN!! And thank you T2x for your invalueble insight and entertaining ability to share it with all of us. By the way a belated Happy Birthday to you!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:02 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

And it continues.....

TV actor, Offshore and motorcycle racer, Bruce Penhall's son was killed last night by a drunk driver in California.

God Bless him

T2x
Old 04-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
The first stepped hull was a seaplane's pods. The step broke the water's adhesion to the pod making the seaplane faster on takeoff so the statement that stepped hulls are not faster than nonstepped hulls is not accurate.
It's not fair that a Sea Plane has those big wings and rudders to keep the pods from spinning out!

I always thought the area forward of the single step was shorter so the the tail wing and rudder provided more directional control than having full length pods controlling the plane at higher speeds on the water. The area behind the step is only used at slow speeds, or at rest. Hey, maybe I'm wrong?

Quick Reply: Great Moments In V Bottom History

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.