Notices

First run of the year

Old 03-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: First run of the year

Originally Posted by runnin gun
As for riding on the sunpad I guess it just as dangers as jumping out of the water but thats cool till you slam somebody into the dash on the landing. And the law calls that reckless boating. You would be in the same situation.

Terry
I take it you are talking about my Sonic in my signature. I guess that you could argue the fact that I could have gotten a ticket for reckless boating....but that was a poker run where i was running close to 70 and happen to hit a patch of 6' swells. I wouldn't call an unexpected change in water conditions the same un-safe practice as willingly letting people stand on your sunpad.

just my opinion. Enjoy the new boat.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
There is 2 boats there and the kid is on the other boat with a pfd.Here we go again.
There is a shorter person on the sunpad next to the guy holding the radar arch.

I think he meant that person, not the smaller child with PFD on the other boat. Does look like a kid compared to the guy.

We are just talking Sonic here.

Not sure what you mean by here we go again.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:42 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fund razor

I think he meant that person, not the smaller child with PFD on the other boat. Does look like a kid compared to the guy.

We are just talking Sonic here.

Not sure what you mean by here we go again.
Not trying to be a smart azz but it seems when someone post a pic people look for something negitive about the pic to start chit thats why i said here we go again.The other person is just short.sorry vertically challenaged.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Registered

Gotcha.

I know what you mean.... but if it was me who let someone do that on my boat I would deserve all the chit I got.
In fact... I would expect it.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Registered

I am the owner of the boat and was driving at that time. There were no kids on the boat in fact I was the youngest on the boat and I am in my 30's. They got up there for a picture and we were the only boats on the river. Comparing that to Micheal Jackson and what he did (lol). I dont need to say any more. We all do things that are dangers and break the law, but if you are going critasize people just make sure you are not being a hypecrit.

Thanks Reckless we had a great time. Found a few little issues
that need to be fixed. Yall going to come up to the gravel pits this year?

Terry
Old 03-13-2006, 03:51 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Terry glad to see ya on the water.You know James does look like M.J. so that's what he might have meant.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by fund razor

I'll admit that I stood up there myself for a few minutes (it's not me in the picture), but decided it wasn't the smartest thing to be doing.
The "shorter person" was my wife. And yes, I got pissed at her when she stood up like that, but she's a little hardheaded and wouldn't budge. I think eventually she saw my "distress" and got down....
Old 03-13-2006, 04:13 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Cignificant
I'll admit that I stood up there myself for a few minutes (it's not me in the picture), but decided it wasn't the smartest thing to be doing.
The "shorter person" was my wife. And yes, I got pissed at her when she stood up like that, but she's a little hardheaded and wouldn't budge. I think eventually she saw my "distress" and got down....
Steve tell Suzie i was joking about the verically challenged person on the boat.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cignificant
I'm glad that I just said "shorter person."
Boy would I have been in trouble.

I hope that Terry knows that it is our fear of the worst that motivates the shock and horror. There is so much that can go wrong... and we don't want to see one of our own (like your wife) go off the back head first.

It's not a "who can be safer" contest.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Registered

Glad to hear that your boat ran what you wanted it to Rich. I will agree that it was not the safest thing to be doing. We were running slow and the water was not rough. Had I felt it was geting out of hand I would have just stop the boat. I am gald to hear all the concern and want everyone to have a safe boating season.

Terry

Quick Reply: First run of the year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.