Notices

Question for everyone

Old 03-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Question for everyone

Originally Posted by otis311
How do you get your boat back and forth to OK ?? Or is that the only time you do use it
I hire a driver to come get it. He brings a trailer with him because there is nowhere trustworthy to store my trailer down there for 7-8 months.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
I hire a driver to come get it. He brings a trailer with him because there is nowhere trustworthy to store my trailer down there for 7-8 months.
Makes sense
Old 03-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

TwinStep,

Do you primarily use the boat in fresh water? Want to sell your trailer?? I'll trade you my steel Manning plus $$$. I boat only in salt water and do not want to continue to put that on the Manning, it is a shame.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonz
TwinStep,

Do you primarily use the boat in fresh water? Want to sell your trailer?? I'll trade you my steel Manning plus $$$. I boat only in salt water and do not want to continue to put that on the Manning, it is a shame.
Sorry Frank, but I have first dibs on that trailer. I've talked to Brandon since last Winter about buying it but he doesn't want to part with it.

Last edited by Lucky Strike Jr; 03-13-2006 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:42 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

ttt
Old 03-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

What about selling smaller runabout boats? Also what about selling lots of boat accesories? I try to do that in dealership i work for. But trailers are a great idea to make a ton of money but also you should keep a few in stock. Just my two cents.
Bobby
Old 03-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
I am looking at ways to grow my business. I have an idea that I beleive makes sense, but I need some input friends..

1. How many of you are in the market for a new boat trailer?
2. What brand?
3. Have you contacted a trailer dealer regarding the purchase of a trailer?
4. How many would buy one if they could get a KILLER deal on a new trailer, but will just hang on to their current trailer for a while?

Thanks in advance everyone!!

BAF
1. Yes I'm looking for one now.
2. Theres a gazillion so I just keep searching the net.
3.Not yet.
4. Hell yes.

Need a trailer for my 26' Scarab and would like some of the nice stuff, aluminum hopefully, tri-axle, disc brakes. Mainly it is just to move the boat to the ramp and back to the yard. I doubt I ever take it on the highway. Got anything around 3K

Last edited by satisfactionII; 03-14-2006 at 08:01 PM. Reason: speeling
Old 03-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently looking for a trailer and would be very interested to see what you can do. I want an aluminum triple axle, 18,000# capacity minnimum, ss brakes, for a 44' boat. I have not decided on the brand and only talked to a few but have an idea of what it will cost me so I would be interested in hearing what you can do.

Keith
Old 03-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Nextrail tripps
Old 03-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I think your margin percentage on a trailer might look good but the hassles would suck. The big score is when you sell a new boat on a new trailer rather than trying to sell a new trailer to a guy with an old boat. I bought a Nextrail from the manufacturer last year and the experience was great. They built it with no deposit and had it done in 10 days. But since they are the manufacturer then they could easily reconfigure the trailer for another boat if I didn't show up whereas if you ordered it and the customer wasn't happy/ didn't show then you would be stuck.

I think more money could be made renting trailers for short periods of time since no one is doing that here in FL. I know plenty of people that lift/ dry store and they are always griping about having no mobility for poker runs/ repair work.
The trailers would have to be high quality/ durable and adjustable for different uses. I know 2 people that bought trailers last year to move their boats away from hurricanes then sold the trailers after the storms were gone because they couldn't store them when the boats got put back on the lifts. I think the trailers would pay for themselves in a short period of time and maintenance would be minimal annually. I think someone would pay $500 to rent a quality trailer for a weekend/ out of area poker run.

Quick Reply: Question for everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.