Let's Talk Air Conditioning

Notices

Let's Talk Air Conditioning

Old 03-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Let's Talk Air Conditioning

Had a 9000 btu mermaid air in my cafe.....freeze your azz off but it had a digitial thermo so it worked awsome
Old 03-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 562 Likes on 231 Posts

My best buddy in bonita springs builds all the stainless steel sheet metal componets for Mermaid and he is a real perfectionest.Nice quality unit that is well thought out and is hand built in a small assembly shop in fort myers .
Old 03-20-2006, 06:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took this with my camera phone hope you can see it.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Here's where I mounted it. Had to cut out some of the hole to get her in. Tight fit.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Second vent
Old 03-20-2006, 07:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

another picture of the mounting.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the pics! I see the two returns, but where is the air intake. It can't be that little 4" vent, can it?
Old 03-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
Thanks for the pics! I see the two returns, but where is the air intake. It can't be that little 4" vent, can it?
Yep that it. I wasn't sure it would be enough but it is.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Emerald Coast of Florida
Gold Member

I instaled an Ocean Breeze 9000btu AC/Heat unit last week in the Cafe. Filt like a glove in the V-Berth and cooled down the cabin fron 88 to 74 in 30 minutes. Plumbed the vents to where the fans are on the sides. I figured it would take 4-5 hours ended up taking 14 hours. I'll ost more pictures of the install later this week.
Attached Thumbnails Let's Talk Air Conditioning-ac1.jpg   Let's Talk Air Conditioning-ac2.jpg   Let's Talk Air Conditioning-ac3.jpg  

Old 05-22-2006, 10:05 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

I have a 7k unit on mine and it runs of my Honda EU2000 easily even on eco-mode.
They do suck up a good bit of juice on start-up and everytime the compressor cycles.Plus you have to have a good water circulating pump.I picked up a LC2 that only draws 1amp..works great.Put a strainer before it and it is plenty of water for the unit.I also have the reverse cycle...It works amazingly well..Hot as hell in not time.The AC is great.Cold in the cabin in about 20 minutes or so.Provided you close all the windows and such.Word to the wise here@!!!.make sure you don't have any restrictions on your outlet vents.Big issue often overlooked.My buddy had the smaller vent just partially closed and it made his Westerbeke all kinds of unhappy.It puts too much load on the compressor head and almost freezes up the unit.Brand new too..
Also, make an easy way to acess your drip pan and intake air filter.The get dirty and full fast.Don't expect too much from a marine AC unit either..They only pull the cold out of the water they are in...If the water is 80 degrees then that's what you are getting minus the humidity...It should be plenty.We use the AC in 72 spring water so it's like ice cubes.

Shore power never has any issue with running AC..but don't buy too big of a unit if you don't need it.I have a huge cabin and aft cabin and a 7k unit is plenty.Plus I can get away with a smaller Honda 2k to run it..Purrs like a kitten.

Quick Reply: Let's Talk Air Conditioning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.