Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Alabama Boat Ban Bill (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/126059-alabama-boat-ban-bill.html)

Magicfloat 04-03-2006 08:44 PM

Re: Alabama Boat Ban Bill

Latest development is NO public hearings will be allowed,the Power Co saw to that. I worked on my speech all weekend ,planned to take off and drive down, but pointless now. It is currently down to a showdown on the Senate floor between Alabama Power Company and a couple of wealthy real estate developers vs 4 State Senators that cannot be bought.Can we win this? Who knows,but we will not go down without a fight. This has become a major public relations nitemare for the power company,but they cannot back down at this point. Gonna fight the good fight Tues,Wed,and Thurs. Wish us luck.

candyman35 04-03-2006 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by TRICK
It's just outrageous that a few lawmakers can sit around and pass bad legislation like this. Get your boats off the lake by October first??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

There ought to be a flurry of lawsuits. Gotta love the way blow boats have been excluded. :rolleyes:

Apparently the powerboat industry needs a stronger lobbying group with a bigger war chest.

I'm afraid this may be just the beginning.

Politicians don't care. It's all about money, votes and more money. :( The local Politicians decided that the Hammond Marina would close for a year so they could build a Mega sized river boat in our Marina. All the decisions were made behind closed doors. The Marina boaters found out when a local news paper printed the story. 900 of us slip holders were told to get out by October 1st 2006. The Marina thinks it will be back open for the 2008 season. :mad:
Dan

Steve Zuckerman 04-03-2006 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Latest development is NO public hearings will be allowed,the Power Co saw to that. I worked on my speech all weekend ,planned to take off and drive down, but pointless now. It is currently down to a showdown on the Senate floor between Alabama Power Company and a couple of wealthy real estate developers vs 4 State Senators that cannot be bought.Can we win this? Who knows,but we will not go down without a fight. This has become a major public relations nitemare for the power company,but they cannot back down at this point. Gonna fight the good fight Tues,Wed,and Thurs. Wish us luck.

Magicfloat,
We're with you man! Kick their Asses!
Keep us posted.
Steve

candyman35 04-03-2006 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Magicfloat

Good luck. I hope the Senators do the right thing.
Dan