Past and Present Sunsation Owners

Notices

Past and Present Sunsation Owners

Old 04-03-2006, 12:19 AM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Past and Present Sunsation Owners

I own a 32 Dominator. Didn't know anything about them until a good friend of mine bought his. I started looking, found a 95' w/500hp's. love the handle, plenty of speed. Fit and finish are exellent. I have been in touch with the factory several times with questions. Always eager to assist.
I only have a few dislikes. Not enough cockpit space being the biggest (but,I knew that before I started thr search). It is what I consider to be a sitdown boat, due to it's low profile. Over all, for the money, $ 4 $, I feel you will have to look long and hard to find better.
Another friend bought Capo71's 28'er and loves it, also.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:24 AM
Registered

Wink Re: Past and Present Sunsation Owners

I owned a 25 Aggressor for ten years 93-03. A few minor problems in beginning which was handled quickley by the factory. I ran in some pretty severe conditions from time to time and it never got so much as a gel-coat crack in the hull. I would feel secure with a Sunsation purchase. Good people good company. Just my feeble openion.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:13 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Customer service is a 25 on a scale of 1-10!
Build quality is excellent
The new 32 SS is killer and the 32 Dominator is excellent.

The damaged boat stories are user error, the 32 innovator that rolled was doing a high speed turn in like 3 ft of water and the guy passing the tug boat may have landed on the side of the boat separating the deck and hull. Anyone can do stupid things no matter what the product, look at the Enzo Ferrari that split last month in California. You couldn't say that car fell apart in a traffic crash without knowing that he was going 160 MPH and hit a power pole!

Call Sunsation and speak to the owners and like Cap71 said try that with a few other boat brands. Sunsation has been around since 1982 and I would definitely buy another.

This is right on!! Look a Sunsation over very close and you will love it.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:45 AM
Registered

I have hull #39 from Sunsation, a 24 ft Rocket that does not even have gelcoat crack after 17 years. Two years ago I stopped in the factory to see if they might have a trim peice for the cabin door. Joe Shaldenbrad, one of the owners, looked all over the plant for the piece and then called me later in the day. Unbelievable! Try that with another manufacturer. Since I live near the plant, it is obvious that this is Sunsation Country, and I have never,(I say never) talked to a owner that didn't love their boat.

As far as carrboy's comments I think that was a cheap shot, and inappropriate knowing what I know about Sunsations history, reputation and quality, to immediately point out a accident as the means to judge a company's product. Before we can pass judgement, we need to know the complete circumstances of the accident.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only one ive ever heard of having structural problems was tripped at speed Wreck a boat the right way and any of them will come apart. Sunsations have an excellent track record, and are a great value compared to whats out there..

Last edited by Pantera1; 08-02-2007 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:20 AM
VIP Member

The one that happened on the Fox River in Illinois was driver error.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Whiteknuckle
I have hull #39 from Sunsation, a 24 ft Rocket that does not even have gelcoat crack after 17 years. Two years ago I stopped in the factory to see if they might have a trim peice for the cabin door. Joe Shaldenbrad, one of the owners, looked all over the plant for the piece and then called me later in the day. Unbelievable! Try that with another manufacturer. Since I live near the plant, it is obvious that this is Sunsation Country, and I have never,(I say never) talked to a owner that didn't love their boat.

As far as carrboy's comments I think that was a cheap shot, and inappropriate knowing what I know about Sunsations history, reputation and quality, to immediately point out a accident as the means to judge a company's product. Before we can pass judgement, we need to know the complete circumstances of the accident.
WTF!!!Cheap shot!I was just passing on the info stated in the thread...I don't know anything about the boats but almost bought one myself...I was only trying to pass along info...if tou read my reply I even state "the so-called witnesses"*******...have a great f'n day!
Old 04-03-2006, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

A few years ago I raced on "Wild Rose", a stock 28' Sunsation, never had ANY structural issues! Many of these races were Ocean races in NJ. I'm also racing OPA this year in a 24' Sunsation. I would not hesitate to consider another Sunsation!
Old 04-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

From what I gathered from a large majority of the Sunsations owners here on OSO is that they are/were very happy with their boats and customer service. I personally have never owned one, but they would be on my list if I was looking. You might want to check out Laveycraft also (www.laveycraft.com) They build a great boat, proven track record in racing and they do have great customer service.

ANY boat can can get destroyed by water, so I wouldn't base my decision on 1 boat delaminating or coming apart.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:53 AM
ATFastForward

I owned a 28 Sunsation and I loved the boat.
The quality was very good.
The service was excellent.
I had a warranty item that needed to be addressed while on vacation and it took one call to Joe. Joe told me to take the boat to the nearest marina of my choice. He called the marina helped diagnose the problem and payed the bill before I picked the boat up. I was back on the water in no time. I ran the boat on Lake Michigan and handle the big water great.
I sold it to buy a cruiser.
What a mistake!
I could not handle going slow.

Quick Reply: Past and Present Sunsation Owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.