Notices
View Poll Results: What would you pefer ?
90 MPH
35.04%
41 Apache race
64.96%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

9O MPH / 41 Apache race

Old 04-10-2006, 06:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 9O MPH / 41 Apache race

Originally Posted by thedonz
i have a question all of yall know i love both boat and would pick any with my eyes closed. But if most of yall are saying Apache (even Cig guys). How come yall don't own Apache's instead of Cigs. Another thing is yall perfer Apache then how come there are so many people buying new 38, 39 , 42 and 46 Cigs instead of buying a new Apache. Just a question. A brand new 42 or 46 Cig is about 700k which is the same (give or take) as a new Apache

jr Mike
Several reasons-

First, more people buy used boats- way more. There are a thousand other boats available for every Apache.

Second- Apache's are heavy and take alot of power. The original one's anyway. Now you've got a hull & power that needs 6's. I can go faster, cheaper in a TG. Also, not everyone can rack-store a 41. Most can handle a 38. One might PREFER an Apache but OWN a TG or other boat for practical or economic reasons.

Third- On the new one's, there's that whole Apace/McManus/Comanche/Saccenti mess to weed through and an exceptionally low-profile custom builder to deal with. How many new TG's are there out there right now you could take delivery on tomorrow? More than a couple.

Fourth- If you want to own an Apache, you're dealing with a vintage boat- not unlike a vintage car. You can dump alot of money into one, just like an old Vette or something like that. The transoms had a limited life expectancy and if not redone properly it can be an even bigger mess. Like anything 20 years old, God only knows what bastardized patchwork lies beneath that shiny, new paint. You have to be a hands-on guy with skills and resources or a wealthy guy who wants something totally different.

The barriers to owning an Apache are significant. I don't know that everyone realizes or remembers all this but I can tell you this- you can walk down the docks anywhere there are more than a handul of fast boats, the Apache is going to get the greatest number of looks and comments.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Several reasons-

First, more people buy used boats- way more. There are a thousand other boats available for every Apache.

Second- Apache's are heavy and take alot of power. The original one's anyway. Now you've got a hull & power that needs 6's. I can go faster, cheaper in a TG. Also, not everyone can rack-store a 41. Most can handle a 38. One might PREFER an Apache but OWN a TG or other boat for practical or economic reasons.

Third- On the new one's, there's that whole Apace/McManus/Comanche/Saccenti mess to weed through and an exceptionally low-profile custom builder to deal with. How many new TG's are there out there right now you could take delivery on tomorrow? More than a couple.

Fourth- If you want to own an Apache, you're dealing with a vintage boat- not unlike a vintage car. You can dump alot of money into one, just like an old Vette or something like that. The transoms had a limited life expectancy and if not redone properly it can be an even bigger mess. Like anything 20 years old, God only knows what bastardized patchwork lies beneath that shiny, new paint. You have to be a hands-on guy with skills and resources or a wealthy guy who wants something totally different.

The barriers to owning an Apache are significant. I don't know that everyone realizes or remembers all this but I can tell you this- you can walk down the docks anywhere there are more than a handul of fast boats, the Apache is going to get the greatest number of looks and comments.

Well Put!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2006, 09:41 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Wanna here something?

http://media.putfile.com/Gellner-44
Old 04-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

sweet

jr mike
Old 04-10-2006, 10:19 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike, I just started using the windows movie maker.......This is gonna be a well documented summer!!
Old 04-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I can't wait to hear it without the mufflers!
Old 04-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ike
I can't wait to hear it without the mufflers!

Oh and with both of them running
Old 04-11-2006, 08:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

sounds great Ike, cant wait to see you on the bay this summer
Old 04-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cris,
He was asking the question about the older "90MPH" model Cig, not one that goes 90 mph.

I guess the biggest difference that I can see is that one is a production boat and the other is a custom boat. Sort of like buying a home from Pulte Builders or hiring a custom home builder.

Robert
Old 04-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well lets hope Pulte does not get in to building boats because if there boats leaked like there houses the BIT**** Would sink.It is gonna be interesting on the Bay this summer to see who Ike and John beat up on in the RUFF.

Quick Reply: 9O MPH / 41 Apache race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.