View Poll Results: What would you pefer ?
90 MPH
41
35.04%
41 Apache race
76
64.96%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree0Likes

9O MPH / 41 Apache race

Reply
Old 04-11-2006, 11:50 PM
  #81
Registered
 
Tonto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,782
Default Re: 9O MPH / 41 Apache race

I guess you can tell, I don't work for Pulte
Tonto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:23 AM
  #82
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member
 
R Addiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pa.
My Boats: '99 Active Thunder Tantrum
Posts: 20,687
Default Re: 9O MPH / 41 Apache race

Yea Bill, It's gonna be a good summer!!
R Addiction is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:40 AM
  #83
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vice City & Tavernier, FL
My Boats: one ballsy Top Gun, a very fast Skater, one party Yellowfin....oh yeah, and two Boston Whalers
Posts: 5,850
Default Re: 9O MPH / 41 Apache race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto
Cris,
He was asking the question about the older "90MPH" model Cig, not one that goes 90 mph.

I guess the biggest difference that I can see is that one is a production boat and the other is a custom boat. Sort of like buying a home from Pulte Builders or hiring a custom home builder.

Robert

Sorry to tell Robert but your totally wrong. No Cig is production boat, we all know that... either is a Apache. Because all race setup Apache's look the same ( a little different here and there but that's it) as well as the pleasure ones, but that still doesn't mean it's a "production" boat. I have always said your Apache is my fav but i can assure you the "90 mphCig " was not a production boat. I mean they only made 5, and each of those 5 were different. Different paint, different hatches and so on

Jr Mike
thedonz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:57 AM
  #84
Registered
 
Tonto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,782
Default Re: 9O MPH / 41 Apache race

Jr.
I didn't mean to step on any toes here, what I should have said was that the Cigs are semi-custom boats and the Apaches are custom boats.

Robert
Tonto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:37 AM
  #85
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vice City & Tavernier, FL
My Boats: one ballsy Top Gun, a very fast Skater, one party Yellowfin....oh yeah, and two Boston Whalers
Posts: 5,850
Default Re: 9O MPH / 41 Apache race

Still don't agree..... but everyone has there own 00.2 and i respect

jr Mike
thedonz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:35 PM
  #86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,495
Default Re: 9O MPH / 41 Apache race

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonz
No Cig is production boat, we all know that... either is a Apache.

Jr Mike
I think it's all in how you define the term "custom". In the instance of Cigarette, I'll agree their boats are built-to-order. On the other hand, it's never been unusual for their dealers- especially the larger ones- to order boats for their own inventories. In other words, a spec boat- one assembled to the specifications of the dealer and sold in as-constructed condition off his lot. In the case of Apache, I was never aware of that happening years ago and I don't think I've ever heard of McManus building one for an intermediary on a speculative basis. I think that's reflective of the types of companies they are and the scale on which each operates.
Chris Sunkin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:43 PM
  #87
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member
 
Stormrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
My Boats: 2003 28 Pantera - SOLD
Posts: 8,810
Default Re: 9O MPH / 41 Apache race

Apache... each boat was commissioned for its owner.

Duh, come to think of it... alot of boats are like that...
Magnum, Pantera are just two i can think of.
Too bad magnum mark ain't around, he'd be able to make sense of this.

Last edited by Stormrider; 04-12-2006 at 01:46 PM.
Stormrider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:51 PM
  #88
Registered
 
Tantrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: USR, NJ
My Boats: Stray Cat Statement Marine
Posts: 4,000
Default Re: 9O MPH / 41 Apache race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I think it's all in how you define the term "custom". In the instance of Cigarette, I'll agree their boats are built-to-order. On the other hand, it's never been unusual for their dealers- especially the larger ones- to order boats for their own inventories. In other words, a spec boat- one assembled to the specifications of the dealer and sold in as-constructed condition off his lot. In the case of Apache, I was never aware of that happening years ago and I don't think I've ever heard of McManus building one for an intermediary on a speculative basis. I think that's reflective of the types of companies they are and the scale on which each operates.
I agree, "Custom" to me is something that is spec'ed and built for an individual. If there is a showroom involved its not truly custom anymore. Now in Cigs case I wouldnt say this is a detriment because they understand their market and build them top of the line no matter what.
Apache.....Custom boat no question
Just MO.
Tantrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:52 PM
  #89
Registered
 
Tantrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: USR, NJ
My Boats: Stray Cat Statement Marine
Posts: 4,000
Default Re: 9O MPH / 41 Apache race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider
Apache... each boat was commissioned for its owner.
Duh, come to think of it... alot of boats are like that...
Magnum, Pantera are just two i can think of.
Too bad magnum mark ain't around, he'd be able to make sense of this.
Active Thunder
AMT
Doug Write
Just a couple of my favorites
Tantrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 03:05 PM
  #90
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member
 
Stormrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
My Boats: 2003 28 Pantera - SOLD
Posts: 8,810
Default Re: 9O MPH / 41 Apache race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantrum
Active Thunder
AMT
Doug Write
Just a couple of my favorites
Actually there are some new ATs at dealers, not customer specced.
Stormrider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Sacred Ground
Classic Offshore
6
02-09-2007 11:19 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.