Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Since Nobody Wanted To Sell Me a Boat .. Pick My New Boat - 28ZX Saga Continues >

Since Nobody Wanted To Sell Me a Boat .. Pick My New Boat - 28ZX Saga Continues

Notices
View Poll Results: Which one shoudl I buy?
Buy the Blue One
50.00%
Buy the Yellow One
50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Since Nobody Wanted To Sell Me a Boat .. Pick My New Boat - 28ZX Saga Continues

Old 04-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Since Nobody Wanted To Sell Me a Boat .. Pick My New Boat - 28ZX Saga Continues

Kyle,
Congrats, can't wait to see it. I'm going to work on the Nordic this weekend so I can have it ready when you get the Donzi up to Harbortown!
Dean
Old 04-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Since Nobody Wanted To Sell Me a Boat .. Pick My New Boat - 28ZX Saga Continues

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Kyle,
Congrats, can't wait to see it. I'm going to work on the Nordic this weekend so I can have it ready when you get the Donzi up to Harbortown!
Dean
I am hoping to be up on the 23rd, but might have to put it off until the 30th

You going to do the Daytona Poker Run?

Kyle
Old 04-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by kswest
I am hoping to be up on the 23rd, but might have to put it off until the 30th

You going to do the Daytona Poker Run?

Kyle

When is the Daytona Poker Run? I doubt that we'll be able to make it, I'm in the beginning of remodeling our masterbath, so that consumes alot of my time on the weekends. Plus, our next big boating outing is Memorial Day up on the St. John's River @ Hontoons! Are you getting a trailer with your new Donzi?
Dean
Old 04-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
When is the Daytona Poker Run? I doubt that we'll be able to make it, I'm in the beginning of remodeling our masterbath, so that consumes alot of my time on the weekends. Plus, our next big boating outing is Memorial Day up on the St. John's River @ Hontoons! Are you getting a trailer with your new Donzi?
Dean
I don't have my calendar ... but I am pretty sure it is the weekend of the 21st, 22nd (May). The days may be off by one or two, but it is the weekend just before Memorial Day Weekend.

No trailer. It has one, but we made the deal without it. I drive a BMW 5 Series and the fiance has a BMW Z4 so I doubt we could even tow a jetski. Our plans are to just leave it at the marina. We can always hire someone to move it if it had to go too far.

Kyle
Old 04-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by noboat
Laser props on a 28' boat?

I'd say 23 Mirages will get you upper 60's and 25s will get you low 70s.
I looked at a 29' Scarab with 350's that had 21" Lasers on them.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by UNSANE
I looked at a 29' Scarab with 350's that had 21" Lasers on them.
Really? Not saying they won't work but those are small diameter props for smaller boats(I think merc says 21' and under).
Old 04-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

kswest,
Welcome to Merritt Island. Dean and I do a lot of boating together and it will be really great to have another performance boater in the area. Sounds like you will be in the area in a couple of weeks? Give us a shout and we will try to get together. Perhaps an adult beverage at HarborTown?

Dail
Old 04-15-2006, 07:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BajaBennett
kswest,
Welcome to Merritt Island. Dean and I do a lot of boating together and it will be really great to have another performance boater in the area. Sounds like you will be in the area in a couple of weeks? Give us a shout and we will try to get together. Perhaps an adult beverage at HarborTown?

Dail
I should have it up here two weeks from today. I think I have Dean's number in a PM, I'll give you guys a call when I finally make it.

... Starts counting the hours ...
Old 04-15-2006, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kswest
Here are some pics of the cracks on the Blue boat.
That boat has seen some rough days to spider crack the cockpit inner liner like that.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

congrats on the boat. i always liked the 28zx., i looked at one when i was looking but they were too much cash for me at the time. good luck with her and i hope all goes well. i would have got the trailer though. and i think you made a good choice. i like the blue one.

Quick Reply: Since Nobody Wanted To Sell Me a Boat .. Pick My New Boat - 28ZX Saga Continues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.