Like Tree0Likes

Northern Michigan harbor info. needed

Reply
Old 04-20-2006, 12:06 AM
  #11
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
KAAMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Western Michigan
My Boats: A boat?....What boat??? How about a galvarnized warsh tub wit a toranady strapped own da rear!
Posts: 4,329
Default Re: Northern Michigan harbor info. needed

Magic Med, You have to come up there with us....and bring Wette Vette/Craig with you. The nice thing about Elk Rapids is that if it is too rough out on the big lake you can go out on Elk Lake and over to Torch Lake...it IS a blast. The water is great and there's much to see. The same applies to Lake Charlevoix.

noboat, If you ever see me up there make sure you drive over and say hello....I don't always notice those that I should so, you may have to throw something at me to get my attention.

Hiya Trace! Yeah, you're right...my boat is really as quiet as a creampuff. I'm itchen to see that new boat of yours! How's it coming along anyway?
KAAMA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:55 AM
  #12
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: LOTO Performance Boat Center
My Boats: Fixing yours
Posts: 3,897
Default Re: Northern Michigan harbor info. needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAAMA
Magic Med, You have to come up there with us....and bring Wette Vette/Craig with you. The nice thing about Elk Rapids is that if it is too rough out on the big lake you can go out on Elk Lake and over to Torch Lake...it IS a blast. The water is great and there's much to see. The same applies to Lake Charlevoix.

noboat, If you ever see me up there make sure you drive over and say hello....I don't always notice those that I should so, you may have to throw something at me to get my attention.

Hiya Trace! Yeah, you're right...my boat is really as quiet as a creampuff. I'm itchen to see that new boat of yours! How's it coming along anyway?

Hey Mark you have a great memory. It was only a few years ago when you helped a couple Hoosiers find Hardy Damn Pond, I was a boatless wonder back then. I want to try to make it up their, I 'll even try to bring Wette Vette. How much further up is Elk Rapids/ Torch Lake area from say Cadillac. I go to Caddy sleddin alot in the winter and it takes me about 3.5 hrs to get their. Hope to see ya on the water this summer. When our you going to make it one of the Chicago Powerboat Club events???
Magic Medicine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:13 AM
  #13
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Interceptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Traverse City, Michigan
My Boats: one slow Fountain, one fast ice boat.
Posts: 3,836
Default Re: Northern Michigan harbor info. needed

Thanks all for the replies. Sound like things will be fine around those ports.
ed
Interceptor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:37 AM
  #14
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Perfectmix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Traverse City, Mi
Posts: 850
Default Re: Northern Michigan harbor info. needed

Ed,
I'm from Elk Rapids and do alot of boating in the area. Are you looking for a slip or are you trailering? I don't know about the Empire area but you will be treated fine in Elk Rapids. Sure there are a few blow-boat a-holes everywhere you go but other than that the Harbor and it's staff are great. Good ramps, good proximity to Charlavoix and T.C.. And you can drop in at Elk Lake if you want to do the Inland lake thing. Shoot me a PM if you need me to bird dog for you. Good Luck.
Hope to see you around.
Perfectmix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:14 AM
  #15
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
KAAMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Western Michigan
My Boats: A boat?....What boat??? How about a galvarnized warsh tub wit a toranady strapped own da rear!
Posts: 4,329
Default Re: Northern Michigan harbor info. needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
How much further up is Elk Rapids/ Torch Lake area from say Cadillac. I go to Caddy sleddin alot in the winter and it takes me about 3.5 hrs to get their. Hope to see ya on the water this summer. When our you going to make it one of the Chicago Powerboat Club events???
Elk Rapids is about an additional 50 miles or so north from Cadillac---not far so, come on up. I am going to try and make at least one CPC event this year if I can.
KAAMA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:43 AM
  #16
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: LOTO Performance Boat Center
My Boats: Fixing yours
Posts: 3,897
Default Re: Northern Michigan harbor info. needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAAMA
Elk Rapids is about an additional 50 miles or so north from Cadillac---not far so, come on up. I am going to try and make at least one CPC event this year if I can.

Cool the more I hear about the area the more I want to come up. I have the Mrs. talked into going. Maybe will make a very long weekend out of it! See ya up there.
Magic Medicine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:28 PM
  #17
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Rockford Mich
My Boats: 28 Active Thunder
Posts: 252
Default Re: Northern Michigan harbor info. needed

Weve boated in alot of the northwest area, I have to say my favorite is Horbor Springs. Not as well known as some of the others but its a nice ride in any direction from there. Nice sand bars and friendly boaters. You have to like big water.
michigan troll is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:49 PM
  #18
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
onesickpantera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Michigan
My Boats: 1999 Pantera 24 Sport
Posts: 4,261
Default Re: Northern Michigan harbor info. needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Hey Mark you have a great memory. It was only a few years ago when you helped a couple Hoosiers find Hardy Damn Pond, I was a boatless wonder back then. I want to try to make it up their, I 'll even try to bring Wette Vette. How much further up is Elk Rapids/ Torch Lake area from say Cadillac. I go to Caddy sleddin alot in the winter and it takes me about 3.5 hrs to get their. Hope to see ya on the water this summer. When our you going to make it one of the Chicago Powerboat Club events???
Magic, I live in Cadillac and it takes me about 45 minutes to get to Whitwater Park on Elk Lake(south side) which is where I launch. Probably about an hour or so if you want to put in further north closer to Torch. But I prefer the longer ride in the boat, not the car! You have to get to Torch at least once. Words can't describe it!
onesickpantera is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:53 PM
  #19
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
onesickpantera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Michigan
My Boats: 1999 Pantera 24 Sport
Posts: 4,261
Default Re: Northern Michigan harbor info. needed

[QUOTE=KAAMA]noboat, If you ever see me up there make sure you drive over and say hello....I don't always notice those that I should so, you may have to throw something at me to get my attention.
[QUOTE]

Will do! I usually have something heavy on the boat that I can throw!

I'm usually on Torch every other weekend, so I'm sure I will see you there.

Last edited by onesickpantera; 04-20-2006 at 01:59 PM.
onesickpantera is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:00 PM
  #20
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: LOTO Performance Boat Center
My Boats: Fixing yours
Posts: 3,897
Default Re: Northern Michigan harbor info. needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by noboat
Magic, I live in Cadillac and it takes me about 45 minutes to get to Whitwater Park on Elk Lake(south side) which is where I launch. Probably about an hour or so if you want to put in further north closer to Torch. But I prefer the longer ride in the boat, not the car! You have to get to Torch at least once. Words can't describe it!

Do you sled? I love it in Caddy, I am going to try to rent a house this winter. I would like to be over near the Cross Roads Bar and Grill on highway 37. If you ever want a great meal go their and tell them Andy from La Porte Indiana sent you. I remember a while back you were looking for a new boat, did you get one? The more I hear about the Torch Lake area the more I want to go, I think I will definately try to get their this summer. It might be easier than I think my best friend is moving to the Traversity area soon! Do you ever boat on Lake Caddy or Mitchell? Is so how is it?

Thanks,

Andy Magic Medicine

Last edited by Magic Medicine; 04-20-2006 at 02:03 PM.
Magic Medicine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
yzbert
General Boating Discussion
45
06-03-2006 08:56 PM
DURANGOKID59
General Boating Discussion
7
05-14-2006 09:58 AM
Mr. Demeanor
General Boating Discussion
3
09-03-2003 01:42 PM
dyno
General Boating Discussion
46
07-07-2003 10:15 PM
dyno
General Boating Discussion
24
04-23-2002 07:06 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.