Notices

I need insurance for cat

Old 04-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: I need insurance for cat

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
NO, NO, NO!!! DON'T LIE ON THE APPLICATION. Don't take this advise. If you lie on the application and have a claim, they could refuse to pay your claim and then you'd be screwed.
If a 100+mph cat can get insurance, so can you. Just find the right carrier.

VERY IMPORTANT!

Guys I work in the Insurance Industry and it is essential that you never lie on an application. Your claim will be DENIED and you'll be out of luck.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

there you go call Angel he works in insurance. How you doing homey ? i have the boat at Tommy's so any day now it will be splashing

jr Mike
Old 04-26-2006, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera24
VERY IMPORTANT!
Guys I work in the Insurance Industry and it is essential that you never lie on an application. Your claim will be DENIED and you'll be out of luck.
Couldnt agree more.
You dont need insurance until you REALLY NEED insurance. If you lie about what your trying to insure the company will be more then happy to collect your premiums for all the time they dont have to pay a claim. Once there is a claim is when you will find out if your lie worked. Not a position I would want to find myself in. Its not worth it.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Doing good Mike..I'm sure you can't wait to splash that puppy.

P.S. - Guys unfortunately I can not underwrite ANY boat policies at this time. Now if you need great auto coverage in Florida I can definetly help.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera24
VERY IMPORTANT!

Just out of curiosity...say you do lie. Say you have 550HP Engines and say on the insurance app that they are 490HP. If something happens, will the insurance company put the engine on a dyno to find out?? I can't imagine they would do that, but I would think that's the only way they would really know if they were over 500HP. And what if the boat sank in 80' waters and the boat couldn't be pulled out. How would they ever know they are over 500HP. Stupid questions I know, but I am just curious.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gotime34
Just out of curiosity...say you do lie. Say you have 550HP Engines and say on the insurance app that they are 490HP. If something happens, will the insurance company put the engine on a dyno to find out?? I can't imagine they would do that, but I would think that's the only way they would really know if they were over 500HP. And what if the boat sank in 80' waters and the boat couldn't be pulled out. How would they ever know they are over 500HP. Stupid questions I know, but I am just curious.
They go on OSO and see your posts.
They interview your friends, talk to your engine builder and mechanic etc etc.
It would suck to lose my boat but thats really not why I have insurance. I carry the insurance so my family doesnt lose their house. God forbid someone were to get hurt and be out of work or have medical bills that exceeded what they or I could afford to pay. If your boat sinks or is stolen you probably will get away with it but if there is an accident, there will be more investigations by more agencies than any of us care to imagine Im sure. I want to be insured for the stuff that I cant afford to cover....the boat is already paid for.
Just my opinion.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tantrum
They go on OSO and see your posts.
They interview your friends, talk to your engine builder and mechanic etc etc.
It would suck to lose my boat but thats really not why I have insurance. I carry the insurance so my family doesnt lose their house. God forbid someone were to get hurt and be out of work or have medical bills that exceeded what they or I could afford to pay. If your boat sinks or is stolen you probably will get away with it but if there is an accident, there will be more investigations by more agencies than any of us care to imagine Im sure. I want to be insured for the stuff that I cant afford to cover....the boat is already paid for.
Just my opinion.
True True.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Registered

Lets not forget prop shaft HP...Its not going to be 500hp more like 470.. HP at the shaft descides your speed not the ci.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

im working with a guy here in indy that is very interested in insurancing our type of boats. i will keep all informed
peppers racing
Old 04-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

My cat has been with World Wide for a few years and they put a HP limit on my policy this year. I'm just under the limit.

At what RPM are you supposed to measure your HP? Don't #6s and transmissions eat up a lot of HP?

Quick Reply: I need insurance for cat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.