Notices

Interesting Reading.....

Old 01-18-2002, 09:44 AM
supercrash

For years there has been data that says just the opposite..Why he never got behind that data???He didn't like what it said..Why he posted this data???He liked what it said...Everybody can see his bias on this issue. And already knows where he stands..ME..I'm not choosing sides because the data is missleading at the moment

Old 01-18-2002, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So then why do you have it out for Dean personally? Clearly we hear the bias in your written voice.
Old 01-18-2002, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why don't you let the people form their own opinions then? Instead you reply in an manner that puts you on the offensive.

All Dean said was that he thought it would start a spirited debate. He was not looking to argue with you again.
Old 01-18-2002, 12:46 PM
supercrash

All dean said was "this should make for a spirited debate"...Shane again you only read what you want to..He also was questioning wether these "scientist" are credible..and wether they were neglected or attention starved??..I'm sure that these "Scientist" are far smarter than the two of you combined x ten..And find it funny how dean can put these guys down without knowing **** about it.There are mountains of data that these guys did their best to sort out and make sense of.....What has dean done to come to his allegation????...NOTHING...The fact is the data is conflicting..and their is no real story yet... Take it like a man..

Old 01-18-2002, 01:08 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Hey Cord,
Good Morning back @ ya!
Shane,
I think you are correct young man, that the tree-huggers are going to have to find a new angle to attack from, since this new sled design from Yamaha has answered alot of demands from the tree-huggers.
As to the article, I THINK it shows just what I said, that all these studies are not long enough to show any kinda trend data either way. We, as humans, haven't been on this planet long enough to know the true cycles of climatic changes that the earth goes through, YET, everytime something changes, these Scientists jump to major conclusions that "WATERWORLD" will be a true story!!
No one was talking about false data here, except SC. At this moment in time, we don't have enough data, either way, to come to any sensible conclusion.
Actually, as power boaters, as long as there are floating gas staions, beer barns, and Subshop, we are set....
Shane,
Don't sweat SC, I just consider the source of the posts, and it's real easy to ignore him.
MD

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: Dean Ferry ]

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: Dean Ferry ]
Old 01-18-2002, 01:49 PM
supercrash

If tree huggers are people that want to preserve the environment then whats so wrong with that??Alot of people are trying to destroy the environment..Maybe you should focus on them..There is a state that ranks
#1 in toxic chemicals released into the air
#1 in hazardous waste incinerators
#1 in production of cancer causing Benzene and vinyl chloride
#1 in counties in the top 20 for cancer
#1 largest sludge dump in country
#1 in pollution by industrial plants in violation of clean air act.
#1 in green house emissions
Ranking 48th on spending on parks and recreation.
ranking 49th for spending on the environment.
This is the great work of George W. Bu$h..and he says he wants to do for the country what he did for Texas..
"Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better"
"Rarely is the question asked: IS our children learning"
"Higher education is not my top priority"
Texas ranks 48th for high school completion...Go figure..Why don't you guys focus on the real crimes..

Old 01-18-2002, 01:58 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts
ya know ...supercrash,some decafinated brands are just as tasty as the real thing

Dean you are right and we are at the very begining of what science has to offer,and we have very little in the way of hard recorded data.we can only speculete on the weather trends of the past using what little evidance there is.its surprising how many scientists fall into the chicken little syndrome, funny thing is that most of these "waterworld" scenarios would take hundreds or thousands of years to culminate.and we as humans have the unique ability to adapt to just about anything.an if it did come to that ,who knows than maybe we'd all be zing'n around in our boats instead of cars
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-18-2002, 02:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Glass Dave,
I would love to drive my boat on my 80 mile round trip commute to Orlando! Instead of a parking lot, we would have a HUGE mooring area with a water shuttle to the plant.!!!
Old 01-18-2002, 02:16 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts
well ya know FLA. would be the first to sink . . .i think i will go outside an burn some plastic cups an let all the freon out of the ac in my car . . .go fuel up the boat an be patient dean, the water is coming up

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: glassdave ]
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-18-2002, 02:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

GD,
I'm putting the house on the market NOW!! I'm going use the proceeds for the DOWNPAYMENT on that 44 Magnum I've always wanted and keep the Velocity as my Commuter Boat!!
MD

Quick Reply: Interesting Reading.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.