Notices

Paint Ideas?

Old 05-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Re: Paint Ideas?

Hang in there Jay. Why is it that nothing comes easy for you? You sure you didn't piss somebody off in a previous life? And another thing, leave it all white for now! Ride that thing
Old 05-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary C
Hang in there Jay. Why is it that nothing comes easy for you? You sure you didn't piss somebody off in a previous life? And another thing, leave it all white for now! Ride that thing
LOL I dont know why, Been asking myself that same question for the last 25 years now. Unreal but whatever, So next week, Ill live. Just im a kid in a candy store with a boat payment coming up soon and I still dont have my boat. But whatever, Ike and I talked the other day, he has had his 41 for almost a year now and has never driven it so me waiting a few weeks I guess is not so bad considering what he is or went through.
Yeah, im going to white out the deck and keep plugging away at the design work to see what else I can come up with.
So White it is for a while!
(have to put the name on the back for the ghost card or coast guard for thats how I registered this boat)
J
Old 05-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I agree, leave it white for now and go play with it. Paint it during one of the winters, and paint the whole thing to your liking.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe This Would Look Good On The Deck
Attached Thumbnails Paint Ideas?-panther5.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Jay here is our transformation. I know a awesome painter his company is called wet paint design and his name is stu704-519-7722
Attached Thumbnails Paint Ideas?-sonic-paint.jpg   Paint Ideas?-sonic-paint1.jpg   Paint Ideas?-sonic-paint-2.jpg  

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 05-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayl13
I would LOVE to but I cant, the whole freakin dash and everything which is in A1 PERFECT condition is all pink.
I have to stick with it, I plan on toning it down some but I cant eliminate it.
Its PERFECT, if it was in crappy condition, believe me I would but it does not even have a stitch pulled out anywhere, not a scuff, blemish, or anything, its PERFECT, like brand new perfect. I can see tearing that out for what, 5-10 grand replacement cost? Wait till it wears out or rots real bad (which im sure wont happen.)
I have to work with it even though im not overly thrilled.
J
Put a couple white panels on the dash and replace the pink panels on the fairing with white. That ought to drown out the pink a little.

Don't feel bad I get chit for having pink on my boat too but I really don't give a crap!
Old 05-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

how come all these boats have pink and purple and that . My old mans gun also has pink on it....actully two huge pink spots which are covered with the sponsors name. But my only guess was that in the late 80's early 90's these neon colors where in huh

jr mike
Old 05-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

this bout sums it up, 3rd paragraph down.

http://www.apparelsearch.com/definit...on_History.htm
Old 05-06-2006, 07:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thedonz
how come all these boats have pink and purple and that . My old mans gun also has pink on it....actully two huge pink spots which are covered with the sponsors name. But my only guess was that in the late 80's early 90's these neon colors where in huh

jr mike
Mike, its called "Palm Beach colors" Formula had it, Baja had it, Cig had it, Apache had it, Fountain had it, and I dont care who you are on this board, the palm beach colors were the ticket back then. Boats, cars, clothes, carpet in your house, floor tiles, house paint, etc.
Im going to work with it since I look at the 41 War Party boat which you all know I lust over, it uses these colors and they look fantastic. The one gun I looked at buying called Millionaires Concierges boat, All had pink and black "bat" paint on it that I liked. Ill figure something out without overdoing it and like Panther said, Try to blot out the pink of the dash which is Vinyl or leather wrapped and done extremely well. Few white panels and take off a few of the pink panels, Ill airbrush the dash panels, and paint the cabin door entrance white so that pink wont be so overbearing. I have plently of time for I plan on keeping this boat for a VERY LONG LONG time!
I mean come on, its a 41 staggered pleasure apache, What in the hell could I possibly move UP to? HA!
In my mind I am at the top of the mountain, no where else to go!
plus hell its just paint, if I get bored of it in a few years, Ill break out my airbrush and do it again!
Just dont want anyone thinking its too much of a girly boat with too much pink on it but Panther you are right, F it, Its an apache, and most of them had pink on it so screw em! Might have pink on it but in 10 footers whos going to run back to the docks with their tail between their legs and whos going to be rockin the atlantic!!!!!!!

Going to get my polar white next week. Get that all done and taken care of but I might add a little twist to it, do the white with the iridecent pigment like the cadillac escalades have! Make it shimmerin white!
J
Old 05-06-2006, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A girly boat, its a freakin Apache, I looked at one a couple of years ago that had turqois interior. Seemed as that All the Apaches had an annoying paint and Interior's. Leave the thing white for a while all thes boat with crazy paint schemes all seem to blend together. The one that we have always liked the best was Magnum Marks solid white one. WE are actually redoing our Scarab solid white this time. well just my .02 have a great one and enjoy the hell out of that boat when you get it.

Quick Reply: Paint Ideas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.