Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Travis Poker Run - "MAY" 20th.... Who's In? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/129335-lake-travis-poker-run-may-20th-whos.html)

BY U BOY 05-09-2006 12:54 PM

Re: Lake Travis Poker Run - "MAY" 20th.... Who's In?

Originally Posted by FeverFan
I figured the SCARAB part. LOL :drink: There are quite a few on the lake.

I've seen you out quite a bit. You were going out when we were coming back in, I believe.

Good luck getting it fixed in time, it should be fun!

THANKS. YOU KNOW A GOOD SHOP THAT COULD GET THE JOB DONE FAIRLY QUICK. GOOD NEW IS THAT I HAD ALREADY PLANNED ON NEW HEADS,EXSAUST,CAM,CARB,AND IGNITION. SO I HAVE THE PARTS THAT I CAN PICK UP FROM MARINE POWER IN LA. I JUST HATE HAVING A WEEKEND GO BY KNOWING THAT I CAN NOT USE THE BOAT.

FeverFan 05-09-2006 12:58 PM

Joe uses Ronny at Marker One. He does good work. Not sure if he has a back log or not. I don't know his number, but I would think Marker One could give it to you.

BY U BOY 05-09-2006 01:08 PM

THANKS ILL HAVE TO GIVE THEM A CALL. I MAY JUST HAVE TO GET MY HANDS DIRTY ON THIS ONE. NEXT TIME YOU SEE US OUT FLAG US DOWN. I MAY HAVE A SMALL BOAT BUT BUT I AINT SCARED. :drink:

FeverFan 05-09-2006 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
NEXT TIME YOU SEE US OUT FLAG US DOWN. I MAY HAVE A SMALL BOAT BUT BUT I AINT SCARED. :drink:

LOL :drink:

Will do.

Longrange4u 05-10-2006 12:42 AM

Never done one before guys... do I qualify with a 22 Scarab? I am putting in the new 502 this weekend.

BY U BOY 05-10-2006 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Longrange4u
Never done one before guys... do I qualify with a 22 Scarab? I am putting in the new 502 this weekend.

MINE IS ONLY 21 I STILL HAVE A BLAST.

Joe 05-10-2006 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by BajaRunner
I may go. still undecided.

Whaaaaat? You better be there!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Joe 05-10-2006 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
JOE WERE YOU IN CLEAR LAKE SUNDAY? IF SO BEATIFUL BOAT.I SAW YOU BEFORE MY ENGINE TOOK A DUMP ON ME.

Yep - That was FeverFan (Troy) and me dialing her in. We're getting close --- 86.4 on GPS (reconfiguring props etc... after adding all the stereo bu!!****. It changed the CG and killed the top speed w/ the last set of props. It hit 89 MPH in Florida waters. So, I think we're very, very close again (considering Fl's water is a bit saltier, and therefore we pick up appx. 1-2 extra MPH there vs. here).

The tough thing is I'm trying to keep the mid-range so I don't have to swap back and fourth between the 4 and 5 blade props. We're doing one more thing this week that will hopefully squeek out another 1-1.5 MPH. We're leaving Htown around 4 PM Thur. afternoon. See everyone there.

As always.... Thank you Phil (Lip-Ship) for the prop work via Mercury Racing and your excellent customer service!!!! The props are perrrrrrfect.

P.S. Just spoke w/ ScarabFan (Steve) - He mentioned the lake just came up 4'. Previously, it was too shallow to park in the slips in front of C&C's. Now there's appx. 5' right off the wall. We'll let him test it out for us first!!!!! :D :D :D

Joe 05-10-2006 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by FeverFan
Joe uses Ronny at Marker One. He does good work. Not sure if he has a back log or not. I don't know his number, but I would think Marker One could give it to you.

713-705-4436 Ronnie (if you need engine work, I suggest Owens Racing - after Ronnie pulls everything apart for you).

281-485-7336 Owens Racing (ask for Joe - same name, but not me - he's the owner). FYI - They've built all my engines - and saved me quite a bit of money, the one time I was going to let "someone" in Austin work on my boat. The "someone's" tried telling me I needed a new head (for $1200 bucks). Took it to Joe for a 2nd opinion... turned out it just had a bad alignment pin - and on top of that.... if I would have needed a new head, Joe would have only charged me $600 (including parts). Also, sold my last boat (38 Step Scarab w/ 500 EFI's) - new owner called me a year later letting me know these were the best engines he'd ever seen in a used boat --- we put closed cooling on them --- Joe did all the work.

BY U BOY 05-10-2006 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Joe
713-705-4436 Ronnie (if you need engine work, I suggest Owens Racing - after Ronnie pulls everything apart for you).

281-485-7336 Owens Racing (ask for Joe - same name, but not me - he's the owner). FYI - They've built all my engines - and saved me quite a bit of money, the one time I was going to let "someone" in Austin work on my boat. The "someone's" tried telling me I needed a new head (for $1200 bucks). Took it to Joe for a 2nd opinion... turned out it just had a bad alignment pin - and on top of that.... if I would have needed a new head, Joe would have only charged me $600 (including parts). Also, sold my last boat (38 Step Scarab w/ 500 EFI's) - new owner called me a year later letting me know these were the best engines he'd ever seen in a used boat --- we put closed cooling on them --- Joe did all the work.

THANKS ILL CALL HIM TODAY.