Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Travis Poker Run - "MAY" 20th.... Who's In? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/129335-lake-travis-poker-run-may-20th-whos.html)

Joe 05-05-2006 04:01 PM

Lake Travis Poker Run - "MAY" 20th.... Who's In?

Oopse --- In my previous post I typed "March" rather than May.... That explains why no one was replying, I guess!! :rolleyes:

TopSpin80 05-05-2006 04:12 PM

Re: Lake Travis Poker Run - "MAY" 20th.... Who's In?

May 19th is my back surgery.. don't think the dr. will let me back on the water for a while.....

who from Houston is going to wheels and keels this weekend May 6-7 at Lakewood?

Ernie

FeverFan 05-08-2006 04:28 PM

Anyone?

boatman22 05-08-2006 06:40 PM

Anyone have a link for info?

FeverFan 05-09-2006 07:40 AM

Here ya go!

http://www.ltpa.net/ltpa/index.php?o...id=4&Itemid=27

Clay Washington 05-09-2006 09:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I will be there with the "Claymates"! :D

boatman22 05-09-2006 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Clay Washington

I am definitely going now....if there are any extra "Claymates" they can ride on the "WET SPOT" :D

Clay Washington 05-09-2006 10:16 AM

I trying to get some "Claymate" T-shirts in time for the Poker Run. The girls should look HOT! :D

Joe 05-09-2006 10:16 AM

It looks like everything upgrades when you get a Cigarette!!! Very nice, Clay!!!!

Joe 05-09-2006 10:17 AM

I trying to get some "Claymate" T-shirts in time for the Poker Run. The girls should look HOT! :D

I'm trying to get mine from Speedwear as well.

Call David --- he's great. Tell'em Joe Pandak sent'ya.

Clay Washington 05-09-2006 10:39 AM

I was thinking about buying six to ten of these...

Playboy T-Shirts

and getting "CLAYMATES" put on the back.

What do you think? :cool:

http://store.playboy.com/images/us/l...arger/8322.jpg

BY U BOY 05-09-2006 10:49 AM

If I Can Get Rebuilt By Then I Was Going To Make The Trip. My Engine Decided That It Did Not Like The Spark Plug In # 3 And Spit It Out Then Wanted A Drink Of Water So Ive Got Milkshake. Hope To See Those Claymate Shirts.

BY U BOY 05-09-2006 10:50 AM

I was thinking about buying six to ten of these...

Playboy T-Shirts

and getting "CLAYMATES" put on the back.

What do you think? :cool:

http://store.playboy.com/images/us/l...arger/8322.jpg

ONLY IF THEY COME IN XXXX SMALL :D :drink:

Clay Washington 05-09-2006 10:59 AM

LOL! Ok, I ordered 8 of the Small/Medium. They should get here in time for the Poker Run.

Just look for the man in a Cigarette Bullet with a HUGE smile! :D

Joe 05-09-2006 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
ONLY IF THEY COME IN XXXX SMALL :D :drink:

I was going to say.... I kept hitting the "View Larger" button, but her t!ts seemed to stay the same size??

BajaRunner 05-09-2006 12:21 PM

I may go. still undecided.

BY U BOY 05-09-2006 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Joe
I was going to say.... I kept hitting the "View Larger" button, but her t!ts seemed to stay the same size??

JOE WERE YOU IN CLEAR LAKE SUNDAY? IF SO BEATIFUL BOAT.I SAW YOU BEFORE MY ENGINE TOOK A DUMP ON ME.

FeverFan 05-09-2006 12:31 PM

JOE WERE YOU IN CLEAR LAKE SUNDAY? IF SO BEATIFUL BOAT.I SAW YOU BEFORE MY ENGINE TOOK A DUMP ON ME.

He was out for an hour or two on Sunday, what were you in?

BY U BOY 05-09-2006 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by FeverFan
He was out for an hour or two on Sunday, what were you in?

SCARAB

FeverFan 05-09-2006 12:38 PM

SCARAB

I figured the SCARAB part. LOL :drink: There are quite a few on the lake.

I've seen you out quite a bit. You were going out when we were coming back in, I believe.

Good luck getting it fixed in time, it should be fun!

BY U BOY 05-09-2006 12:54 PM

I figured the SCARAB part. LOL :drink: There are quite a few on the lake.

I've seen you out quite a bit. You were going out when we were coming back in, I believe.

Good luck getting it fixed in time, it should be fun!

THANKS. YOU KNOW A GOOD SHOP THAT COULD GET THE JOB DONE FAIRLY QUICK. GOOD NEW IS THAT I HAD ALREADY PLANNED ON NEW HEADS,EXSAUST,CAM,CARB,AND IGNITION. SO I HAVE THE PARTS THAT I CAN PICK UP FROM MARINE POWER IN LA. I JUST HATE HAVING A WEEKEND GO BY KNOWING THAT I CAN NOT USE THE BOAT.

FeverFan 05-09-2006 12:58 PM

Joe uses Ronny at Marker One. He does good work. Not sure if he has a back log or not. I don't know his number, but I would think Marker One could give it to you.

BY U BOY 05-09-2006 01:08 PM

THANKS ILL HAVE TO GIVE THEM A CALL. I MAY JUST HAVE TO GET MY HANDS DIRTY ON THIS ONE. NEXT TIME YOU SEE US OUT FLAG US DOWN. I MAY HAVE A SMALL BOAT BUT BUT I AINT SCARED. :drink:

FeverFan 05-09-2006 01:38 PM

NEXT TIME YOU SEE US OUT FLAG US DOWN. I MAY HAVE A SMALL BOAT BUT BUT I AINT SCARED. :drink:

LOL :drink:

Will do.

Longrange4u 05-10-2006 12:42 AM

Never done one before guys... do I qualify with a 22 Scarab? I am putting in the new 502 this weekend.

BY U BOY 05-10-2006 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Longrange4u
Never done one before guys... do I qualify with a 22 Scarab? I am putting in the new 502 this weekend.

MINE IS ONLY 21 I STILL HAVE A BLAST.

Joe 05-10-2006 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by BajaRunner
I may go. still undecided.

Whaaaaat? You better be there!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Joe 05-10-2006 09:46 AM

Yep - That was FeverFan (Troy) and me dialing her in. We're getting close --- 86.4 on GPS (reconfiguring props etc... after adding all the stereo bu!!****. It changed the CG and killed the top speed w/ the last set of props. It hit 89 MPH in Florida waters. So, I think we're very, very close again (considering Fl's water is a bit saltier, and therefore we pick up appx. 1-2 extra MPH there vs. here).

The tough thing is I'm trying to keep the mid-range so I don't have to swap back and fourth between the 4 and 5 blade props. We're doing one more thing this week that will hopefully squeek out another 1-1.5 MPH. We're leaving Htown around 4 PM Thur. afternoon. See everyone there.

As always.... Thank you Phil (Lip-Ship) for the prop work via Mercury Racing and your excellent customer service!!!! The props are perrrrrrfect.

P.S. Just spoke w/ ScarabFan (Steve) - He mentioned the lake just came up 4'. Previously, it was too shallow to park in the slips in front of C&C's. Now there's appx. 5' right off the wall. We'll let him test it out for us first!!!!! :D :D :D

Joe 05-10-2006 09:52 AM

Joe uses Ronny at Marker One. He does good work. Not sure if he has a back log or not. I don't know his number, but I would think Marker One could give it to you.

713-705-4436 Ronnie (if you need engine work, I suggest Owens Racing - after Ronnie pulls everything apart for you).

281-485-7336 Owens Racing (ask for Joe - same name, but not me - he's the owner). FYI - They've built all my engines - and saved me quite a bit of money, the one time I was going to let "someone" in Austin work on my boat. The "someone's" tried telling me I needed a new head (for $1200 bucks). Took it to Joe for a 2nd opinion... turned out it just had a bad alignment pin - and on top of that.... if I would have needed a new head, Joe would have only charged me $600 (including parts). Also, sold my last boat (38 Step Scarab w/ 500 EFI's) - new owner called me a year later letting me know these were the best engines he'd ever seen in a used boat --- we put closed cooling on them --- Joe did all the work.

BY U BOY 05-10-2006 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Joe
713-705-4436 Ronnie (if you need engine work, I suggest Owens Racing - after Ronnie pulls everything apart for you).

281-485-7336 Owens Racing (ask for Joe - same name, but not me - he's the owner). FYI - They've built all my engines - and saved me quite a bit of money, the one time I was going to let "someone" in Austin work on my boat. The "someone's" tried telling me I needed a new head (for $1200 bucks). Took it to Joe for a 2nd opinion... turned out it just had a bad alignment pin - and on top of that.... if I would have needed a new head, Joe would have only charged me $600 (including parts). Also, sold my last boat (38 Step Scarab w/ 500 EFI's) - new owner called me a year later letting me know these were the best engines he'd ever seen in a used boat --- we put closed cooling on them --- Joe did all the work.

THANKS ILL CALL HIM TODAY.

Turbojack 05-10-2006 06:06 PM

Engines by Jeff off of Pinemont does good work also. He has always been fair with me & done good work.

BY U BOY 05-11-2006 11:34 AM

Pulled The Heads, Manifolds,and Intake This Morning Pulled The Bad Plg Out And The Only Place I Can See That Water Can Get In Is The Head Gasket. Ill Pick Up My Parts When I Go To La Next Wed. Put It All Back Together And See If That Works. I Hope I Do Not Have To Pull The Motor. I Am Also Hoping That I Should Be Close To 500hp With The Upgrades. If This Works See All Of You On Lake Travis.

Joe 05-11-2006 01:02 PM

The Only Place I Can See That Water Can Get In Is The Head Gasket. .

Did you pressure check the headers/manifolds along with the heads. What about a leaking/cracked alignment pin on the header?

Longrange4u 05-11-2006 01:19 PM

It dosent look like I will have mine together in time :(

BY U BOY 05-11-2006 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Joe
Did you pressure check the headers/manifolds along with the heads. What about a leaking/cracked alignment pin on the header?

NO NO NEED TO SINCE I AM REPLACING THEM.
ALUMINUM HEADS
ALUMINUM MANIFOLDS AMD RISERS
CAM
MSD IGNITION
INTAKE
750 HOLLEY
I CAN NOT SEE ANY WARPING. I AM GOING TO CHECK THE OIL COOLER AFTER WORK.

Longrange4u 05-11-2006 06:01 PM

How often do you guys get together on Travis? I would love to come out... the Scarab just wont be together yet. :(

BY U BOY 05-12-2006 08:44 AM

Where Do Live?

Longrange4u 05-12-2006 10:10 AM

Ft. Hood / Killeen area....

BY U BOY 05-12-2006 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Longrange4u
Ft. Hood / Killeen area....

I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT YOU DID SAY YOU ARE IN THE ARMY. :D

scarab39 05-12-2006 11:44 AM

I went to the April run and burned up a motor. I just got the heads / pistons in today so if all goes well, I'll make it next week. You'll recognize me, the slowest scarab on the lake.. no way am I going to burn up another motor this time!