Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Great Lakes Boaters Beware, They're Stealing Water! >

Great Lakes Boaters Beware, They're Stealing Water!

Notices

Great Lakes Boaters Beware, They're Stealing Water!

Old 01-19-2002, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Great Lakes Boaters Beware, They're Stealing Water!

Any of you in the Great Lakes watershed, DON'T BUY ANY NESTLE'S(Perrier) products, they're stealing our water!
Our idiotic governor(who I am ashamed to say I voted for) and his cronies have allowed Perrier to build a pumping facility that will take 260 million gallons a year from the great lakes watershed. This affects all of us in the Great Lakes Basin, not just us poor bastards in Michigan who the politicians bamboozled and decieved.
The Michigan DEQ says this will not have any effect on underground acqifers or on runoff to the lakes. Well everyone knows the water has to come from somewhere-springs feed rivers, rivers run into the lakes, so I'm not buying the BULL****!!!
Please check out the list on the Michigan Citizens For Water Conservation List and BOYCOTT NESTLE PRODUCTS!!! If we don't we'll all suffer from this deception.
The Lake levels are already low, now we're going to lose another 260 million gallons/year.
http://www.savemiwater.org/news/boycott.htm

Thanks In Advance,
Paul
Old 01-19-2002, 08:27 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Paul,
Is there a petion we can sign or something? I'm afraid that boycotting will not stop Nestle', because they are a international corp. But getting the local politians involved is a great way to start! What is the local gov't position on this issue? Look @ www.cfwbrevard.org and see how we got started and maybe that will give you guys some ideas on how to get POLICIALLY involved.
Let us know how we can help, besides the boycott. Good luck,
Dean
Old 01-19-2002, 09:20 AM
Registered

Dean, the locals are the problem, they have been bought and paid for! At the last meeting
of the Michigan DEQ(Dept. for Environmental Quality), they local lackeys were all saying how great this deal is going to be for the local economy providing jobs and taxes, while in reality, it will provide only a few skilled positions, and the rest are menial, low paying jobs, and Nestle gets a 12 year tax abatement!! How do the state and local gov't and the people of Michigan and the other Great Lake states benefit from this deal?? It's amazing that they can be sucered so easily by a big coporation like Nestle, but I guess they have no problem selling out the people who put them in office , one thing for sure I'll remember!!! I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.
And thanks for your encouragement
Paul
Old 01-19-2002, 09:26 AM
Registered

I was under the obviously mistaken opinion that all the great lakes watershed governors had gotten together and signed a bill or something that no water could be diverted from the shed. This was a few years ago when soem area was trying to divert water to help with a drought or something. I dont remember details. If this is true, I have some zebra muscle friends I could sent over there. Where are they doing this?
Old 01-19-2002, 09:30 AM
Registered

formula31,
check out this site for more info: http://www.savemiwater.org/news.htm

It has all the information on how this underhanded politics happened.
Old 01-19-2002, 11:42 AM
supercrash

Waters have already been low...Many Chicago harbors have had to modify boat launches to get boats in the water..Some people still have problems..And many harbor mouthes need dredging yesterday..The worst thing is that this is something that Dean and I agree on.

Old 01-19-2002, 12:10 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Anybody else thinking "don't drink perrier water"? Not because of what they are doing, but I pee'd in your water! And you paid for it.

I still think Evian is a guy in Manhattan in his aparment filling up bottles at the kitchen sink. SUCKAS!

That does suck, water levels are already low. My wife does drink a lot of bottled water, so we'll make sure we stay away from those products and pass the word. 400 gallons a minute? That's a LOT. The boat uses about that much gas

Mark
Old 01-19-2002, 12:32 PM
HydroScream

Thats a lotta water going the wrong direction

Old 01-19-2002, 01:39 PM
Registered

just think, they're stealing our boating water, the sons a *****es
Old 01-19-2002, 04:56 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Quick Reply: Great Lakes Boaters Beware, They're Stealing Water!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.