Notices

Radar Shoot in Va

Old 06-02-2006, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Radar Shoot in Va

June Parker ramp is not only one of the worst ramps I have have ever used but if your not in a 20' or less boat, dangerous.
Yes, if you are going to use it ONLY!!!!! at HIGH tide.
The Black Thunder did make the mistake of trying to use it and paid for it with several large chunks of gel-coat missing.
I have a list of damage reports props, hulls and water pumps
That is the only bad thing, there is not another good ramp for miles, more of us would come back if the location was in a better spot. Becareful and goodluck.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by insptech
That's Steve Stanley's. He is the new owner of Vera's and owns Maryland Paving and Sealing. That place is gonna be off the hook when it opens. BTW grand opening is June 24 coinciding with the CBPBA Leukemia Poker run, should be pretty wild.

BTW, your Skater looks great, guess it runs pretty sweet with the 300's huh? I was digging that boat, looks like it's "ready"
We thought that might have been his Skater. I think I will come up for the opening. I have heard great plans for Veras. Thanks for the compliments. So far it has been a great reliable boat. I wish they were 300x's but the boat still runs good.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:59 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Absolutely, come on up for the opening and we'll have a drink. The poker run should arrive around 3:30-4:00 and be there overnight. They have done so much work up there I don't think Vera would recognize the place
Old 06-02-2006, 09:50 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put in at Deltaville. It's a great run up the river otherwise you're gonna just splash & raft right away. Hell myself and two other boats ran all the way from the south end of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel in Virginia Beach, there and back same day last year. Of course we didn't realize how far upriver the shootout actually was. Otherwise would've launched at Deltaville.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Registered

As of now forcast says rain likely before Noon. Would they move the times back, or move the event to Sunday which is the rain date anyway. I know a few people are coming from a pretty good distance.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Registered

Did it happen, I no weather was ?
Old 06-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Registered

It happened weather sucked but everyone involved did an awesome job. This was a well organized run. The turnout was not so great due to the weather but we still had a great time. Top gun was a 25 Eliminator at 124, not far behind was Skaterjim in his 28 with 300x's.............stock power 120.3!!!! He probably had 121 in the boat that day. Great numbers considering the nasty side wind we had to deal with. My official run on radar was 112.9, wish I had X motors. Looking forward to other events put on by these guys.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Registered

Thanks for the reply, I went 2 years ago and had great time, but weather looked bad to boat from smithpoint to tapp. Got any pics?
Old 06-05-2006, 06:46 AM
Registered

I dont have any pics, but I believe others were taking pictures and I think video. The conditions were not the greatest.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Registered

thanks to all the guys who put this event on ! had a great time . the wind sucked . Wayne you have the fastest 300 promax boat Ive ever seen or heard of. let me know of any more runs.

Quick Reply: Radar Shoot in Va

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.