Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF! >

POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

Notices

POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

Old 05-12-2006, 08:02 PM
NRG
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

Childish? Perhaps you may have read the comments about members of this site in one of their relatively recent publications. If you did, you would understand that in fact THEY have cast the first stone, and by doing such they have opened themselves to the same treatment
have a hard time trying to "rationalize" lowering myself to someone elses level over a few words. But if it makes you feel better, do your thing. I simply thought that making fun of someone elses financial capabilities seems childish. Make fun of their writing, their comments, o whatever. But "BEING ABLE TO AFFORD SOMETHING OR NOT", should not qualify someones opinions.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NRG
have a hard time trying to "rationalize" lowering myself to someone elses level over a few words. But if it makes you feel better, do your thing. I simply thought that making fun of someone elses financial capabilities seems childish. Make fun of their writing, their comments, o whatever. But "BEING ABLE TO AFFORD SOMETHING OR NOT", should not qualify someones opinions.
I am NEVER one to do such. However, if you read the article and note that Poker Runs America along with other sanctioning bodies put boat size restrictions on those who enter, what do you call that? I see it clearly as not what are your abilities to operate a boat safely, rather, do you have enough money, or cash flow, to purchase a boat that is "big enough" or "cool enough" to be part of our event. That to me says that those of us that either do not have the means or maybe those of us that choose to not spend the money that affords us entry into their event, are not good enough to not only enter, but according to POWERBOAT we are not even good enough to be on the same body of water!

For him to launch into such a diatribe about others and their assumed wrong doings was not only ignorant and offensive, but based on nothing more than assumptions about which he has clearly not chosen to educate himself, not to mention extremely brazen if not stupid for an author/editor of such a publication.

Last edited by Shane; 05-12-2006 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane
I ordered the water pump assembly I need overnight and it did not show up yet. Tonight I see the expected ship date is not until next Tuesday. When it runs and pumps water etc., I will enter. Not to worry.
I know you will, I just cant help myself when I see an opportunity to rib you
Old 05-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NRG
Oh, BTW, who are you NRG? I am Shane Mahieu. OSO member #114. Oh, and I pay to play here on OSO. How about yourself? Most here that know me, would agree that although I am not affraid to speak my mind, I am also not one to look at others and judge them as a function of their wealth or lack thereof. CHIT, I have a boat that costs less than some of OSO members paint work, engines, drives etc.. In fact, most of the tow rigs used by OSO members cost more than my boat. So I am in no position to judge others by their boats cost. Nor have I ever done so. I was mearly illustrating a point that he is commenting on and in fact insulting those of us that don't have a big enough boat to enter these exclusive runs where membership eligibility is based on the size of your boat.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds to me like somebody needs a kick right in the nutz!!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hugetime1
sounds to me like somebody needs a kick right in the nutz!!!!
And YOU are just the one to do it!
Old 05-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I smack these little pricks around! just for you
Old 05-12-2006, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Shane
I am NEVER one to do such. However, if you read the article and note that Poker Runs America along with other sanctioning bodies put boat size restrictions on those who enter, what do you call that? I see it clearly as not what are your abilities to operate a boat safely, rather, do you have enough money, or cash flow, to purchase a boat that is "big enough" or "cool enough" to be part of our event.
You need to get your facts straight before you start pointing fingers. Poker Runs of America isn't the one putting restrictions on you.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Semper Fi, basically said what I wanted to say. Again, this is a free country and if the event is not sancationed my the Coast Gurad with an outlined course such as a boat race is then if someone runs with the Poker Runners then so be it. I can;t see how someone could crash the dinner party since you have to have a wrist band and that part of the event is with in closed doors.

As far as Powerboat goes, I got boared with them a long long time ago with their cookie cutter reviews....seen one issue you've seen them all in Powerboat.

Besides you can learn more about boating and find out who's doing what, where the party is, who's boat is faster, what prop works, which boat is rigged properly, what boat is new, what exhaust makes power, who won the race and so forth right here on OSO way faster than Powerboat.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
You need to get your facts straight before you start pointing fingers. Poker Runs of America isn't the one putting restrictions on you.
REALLY? I need to get MY fact straight? Who is the organization that runs The 1000 Pslands Poker Run? When I have tried to enter, each time I was told, SORRY, your boat is too small. However, at other runs I have entered NO PROBLEM. Perhaps YOU should get YOUR facts straight.

Quick Reply: POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.