Notices

New Noise Law & Mufflers

Old 05-21-2006, 03:54 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: New Noise Law & Mufflers

What are New York's laws on noise? Are switchables legal or is it like Ohio as I posted? I have some RC boats that even those who like noise think are obnoxious.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

switchables are not allowed, I even took them off my last boat and sold them. I agree with the rc noice mine it bad , but if I can run my weedeater and the neighbor doesnt mine , Then he can listen to my rc with the weedeater engine. It will be interesting to see how the summer goes. Why can't we all just get along.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

boats are select few. Lets not even get into Harley's with open pipes or the honda cars with the mufflers
Old 05-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by carney
I have stock 525sc's with GGB mufflers and at 750rpm it is at 94 db.
What is the max in New York? I'm surprissed your'e running that loud at idle with GGB's. They were one of the mufflers on my short list. I'm not sure anything out there is quiet enough to pass this new SAE J34 rule, but with Lightning Captain's call on the Empress, Gil switchable's on the Scorpion, and Corsa Captain's call on the BT I have to do something to try and meet the requirement of nothing is allowed which reduces the effectiveness of the muffling device.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Registered

Just bringing back to top for reference with "Noise Police" thread.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:52 AM
Banned

we have tried all the exhausts out there on extreme blower motors from 750-1200hp, dry/wet without any success, even the cmi's, the cmi's also are bad for spring failure, have now seen it on 2 boats here at loto, we have a great source for any custom configuration for polished turndowns, we have been able to easily make all the boats we have done legal, the last was a triple engine 900 hp blower motor application , which was 104 without 83 with at idle, we also made them so you could put an insert in them if you want to be fully protected on a moving tests, the most economical way to make them legal so far is this method we believe,
Old 06-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wiggler, we were down there last weekend for the poker run and I was trying to find your boat. My dad called me and asked me to look at it to see your set up. I did see a big cruiser with turn downs on it at one of the stops and it looks like a great idea, but what about reversion, what type of cam are you running , we have a split pattern .710, .690 lift roller with a 108-110 lobe seperation, on naturals. any type of info would be appreciated . we won't be ready for this year but will be in next year with the new hull design .
Old 06-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Banned

no chance at all of reversion, the boat is out of the water, trying to sell, had it on 54. if you are concerned about reversion a simple hole inside the transom on bottom of tailpipe, and transom exit similar to nortechs stealth is an easy fix, my application just has too much angle and downturn for that. have to talk to my engine guru to get you specifics on my motors, sorry can guess but will get you exactly if you need it, thanks jim
Old 06-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAP071
boats are select few. Lets not even get into Harley's with open pipes or the honda cars with the mufflers
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Registered

Wiggler, On the turndowns, how well do they clear the drives and steering? I have 3A's and double hydraulic. Any issues?

Quick Reply: New Noise Law & Mufflers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.