Like Tree0Likes

41' Apache molds for sale

Reply
Old 05-19-2006, 08:56 AM
  #61
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Nykamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Grand Haven Mich.
My Boats: 1989 41 Apache
Posts: 2,144
Default Re: 41' Apache molds for sale

Jerrry, looking good, any transom shot, I will be seeing that end alot anyway. Steve
Nykamp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:06 AM
  #62
Banned
 
cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Deland, Florida
Posts: 25,191
Default Re: 41' Apache molds for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayl13
Whats DDC?
Duo Delta Conic hull I believe. He had been designing that type of hull for quite a while.
cuda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:36 AM
  #63
Registered
 
Pantera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Winnipesaukee
My Boats: NorTech
Posts: 3,457
Default Re: 41' Apache molds for sale

Id think that mold is worth a good chunk of change being from a CNC plug and all , must be super straight ?..maybe not 200K but.
I dont feel not having the Apache MSO is such a detriment.. Look at Saber
Pantera1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:07 AM
  #64
Registered
 
Jayl13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Boynton Beach FLORIDA!!!!
My Boats: 1991 41 Apache WarPath!!!
Posts: 1,842
Default Re: 41' Apache molds for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda
Duo Delta Conic hull I believe. He had been designing that type of hull for quite a while.
I was under the impression that Koss designed the steps and the strakes configuration on the apache hulls not anyone else. The person that did the design for us was a guy named George Linder for the warpath deck for that mold.
Joe, what does Duo Delta Conic mean? Twin pads? The boat we built and the mold we made did not have a padded bottom.
Where is Koss, he can tell you what he came up with as far as the steps, lifting strakes and the configuration of it. Boat was a triple step 2 active and one passive step not vented to the outside (last step was non vented)
If Koss is reading this, is the Hush non disclosure statement null and void since the company is now defunct? Are we allowed to talk about the bottom design? (why im hesitant on discussing this too much at length, dont want to get sued here)
Jayl13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:09 AM
  #65
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mentor , Ohio
Posts: 3,656
Default Re: 41' Apache molds for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykamp
Jerrry, looking good, any transom shot, I will be seeing that end alot anyway. Steve
Here ya go buddy .... Gettin close to bein ready for another lunch run ... Better call Pete !?!?!
Attached Thumbnails
41' Apache molds for sale-002.jpg   41' Apache molds for sale-003.jpg  
LEOPAJM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:24 AM
  #66
Banned
 
cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Deland, Florida
Posts: 25,191
Default Re: 41' Apache molds for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayl13
I was under the impression that Koss designed the steps and the strakes configuration on the apache hulls not anyone else. The person that did the design for us was a guy named George Linder for the warpath deck for that mold.
Joe, what does Duo Delta Conic mean? Twin pads? The boat we built and the mold we made did not have a padded bottom.
Where is Koss, he can tell you what he came up with as far as the steps, lifting strakes and the configuration of it. Boat was a triple step 2 active and one passive step not vented to the outside (last step was non vented)
If Koss is reading this, is the Hush non disclosure statement null and void since the company is now defunct? Are we allowed to talk about the bottom design? (why im hesitant on discussing this too much at length, dont want to get sued here)
Harry Schoell designed the DDC hull. I forget what fish boat used to have them. I know I almost bought one of them several years ago.
cuda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:27 AM
  #67
Banned
 
cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Deland, Florida
Posts: 25,191
Default Re: 41' Apache molds for sale

Go to this site, and click on Hull Design.
http://www.schoellmarine.com/index.htm
cuda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:28 AM
  #68
Geronimo36
Gold Member
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Elkton, MD
My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout
Posts: 11,838
Default Re: 41' Apache molds for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda
Harry Schoell designed the DDC hull. I forget what fish boat used to have them. I know I almost bought one of them several years ago.
Didn't he design a hull for Larson as well. They named it "Duo Delta Conic"?

Last edited by Panther; 05-19-2006 at 10:31 AM.
Panther is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:07 PM
  #69
Registered
 
Jayl13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Boynton Beach FLORIDA!!!!
My Boats: 1991 41 Apache WarPath!!!
Posts: 1,842
Default Re: 41' Apache molds for sale

learn something new everyday, I never heard of these designs / concepts before. Pretty interesting.
Jayl13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:24 PM
  #70
RBT
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka Canada
My Boats: Donzi, Pachanga, STV... the worlds fastest production lake boat @ 151.5mph
Posts: 287
Default Re: 41' Apache molds for sale

OK, I am just DIEING to know how fast the new Saber is running with the 1075's, and how fast the old one ran with the stirlings.

Thanks

RT

Last edited by RBT; 05-19-2006 at 01:26 PM.
RBT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Tonto
General Boating Discussion
8
05-13-2009 10:01 PM
BY U BOY
General Boating Discussion
0
06-08-2006 04:45 PM
LPA2106
General Boating Discussion
50
04-03-2004 07:49 PM
later
General Boating Discussion
1
01-20-2004 06:24 PM
26scarab
General Boating Discussion
20
03-24-2002 01:30 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.