Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Has Outterlimits ever won a world title??? >

Has Outterlimits ever won a world title???

Notices

Has Outterlimits ever won a world title???

Old 11-30-2006, 10:16 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: Has Outterlimits ever won a world title???

Originally Posted by OFFSHOREJOJO
Thanks didn"t know that was worlds?
Yes, it was the worlds for OSS and OPA, SBI and APBA had theirs in KW.

I've said it before though....why is it called a "World" title anyway? Last I checked there were a bunch of other continents, if anything UIM should be the Worlds, at least they race all over the place.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
I do believe the team won the title, not the manufacturer. I could be wrong but I believe they earned the points to become national champs and could have done it in a bayliner!
Pardon me, you may be correct!!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
OL ran 1 race against 1 boat. Guess they get the National Title for all the hard efforts and competition thru-out the year. VICTORY_VICTORY...

What a joke
The only way to really tell how good the OL Super Vee is, is for it to run against the much better prepared Fountains and Skater's in SBI/APBA. Hopefully someone will bring a OL to the SBI/APBA fleet of Super Vee's
Old 12-01-2006, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
OL ran 1 race against 1 boat. Guess they get the National Title for all the hard efforts and competition thru-out the year. VICTORY_VICTORY...

What a joke
We are watching you! Be careful! Mark Fiore even does promotion for SNUGGLY! Even at the west coast! They are everywhere! Be careful! And we dont love you!!!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&sn=024&sc=218
Old 12-01-2006, 05:49 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
The only way to really tell how good the OL Super Vee is, is for it to run against the much better prepared Fountains and Skater's in SBI/APBA.

Ahhh ... did you really just say the boats in SBI are better prepared then the boats racing in OSS ... or OPA? Thats kinda a slam dont ya thing? Specially since some of the boats racing in SBI have ran OPA and OSS ... and visa versa ...
Old 12-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Ahhh ... did you really just say the boats in SBI are better prepared then the boats racing in OSS ... or OPA? Thats kinda a slam dont ya thing? Specially since some of the boats racing in SBI have ran OPA and OSS ... and visa versa ...
RG, I think it's just a matter of some folks rooting for their team..

OPA, SBI, OSS, ABPA....mine is better than yours... From an outsider looking in I think it's really damaging to the sport as a whole and makes them even more disbanded....

Ohh yeah, last I checked... when an APBA boat went to race in UIM it got hammered..
Old 12-01-2006, 10:19 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Has Outterlimits ever won a world title???

Originally Posted by Panther
Ohh yeah, last I checked... when an APBA boat went to race in UIM it got hammered..
Just this week an OSS team went racing UIM:
Gary Ballough finished in 4th place out of 18 boats in the Class III 6 litre race.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 12-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Just this week an OSS team went racing UIM:
Gary Ballough finished in 4th place out of 18 boats in the Class III 6 litre race.
Not too bad but I guess it wasn't enough again.. Don't remember which boat it was since it was a while ago, maybe Alcone, but they were getting hammered in all the turns because the UIM boats had 2 speed transmissions and the APBA boat was rigged more for top speed.

Don't misunderstand though, my only point is that the word "World" connotate an international or "world" title, not a national.. I know, it's splitting hairs, it's like the world series of baseball..
Old 12-01-2006, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

RGIII, I believe that the OL Super Vee in OSS is a much better prepared team and boat than all the others. The Muscle Fountain is old and the Muscle Team while I love 'em are really there to party have fun and race. They were flying back and forth from Destin to Key West every evening to go party...so they had to be tired on race day...I'd think. The Badboy boat is serious fast but keeps breaking every race. So yes I believe that the 2 Skaters and the factory Fountains in SBI/APBA are better prepared seriosu teams and I believe that the OL OSS Super Vee should race with those teams. I'm not slamming anyone just speaking my mind.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

you mean I was wrong all those years I raced offroad?? set 3 world records and won baja?? damn ..I thought racing was supposed to be about partying and having fun..well unless its like nascar and your getting paid bucks to do it..unless someone pays me big bucks..Im gonna party and have fun no matter what Im doing. when was the last time anybody here went racing, finished and said "dude, wheres my two dollars?" when I finish a race all I say is "HOLY **** THAT WAS FUN!!!!!

Quick Reply: Has Outterlimits ever won a world title???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.