Notices

SCOPE Poker Run 2006: CANCELLED

Old 05-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCOPE Poker Run 2006: CANCELLED

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Hello fellow SCOPE members, sponsors and friends,

It is with deep regret that we must inform all active participants in our Annual Poker Run that we have been forced to cancel this year’s event. After 13 consecutive years of hosting one of the top Poker Runs in the World, logistical reasons have forced us to pass on this year’s event.

There are a number of reasons which forced SCOPE to make this difficult decision. Insufficient dock spaces for our guests, a lack of quality launching facilities, a lack of water depth at certain launch ramps and channels, shortage of parking for rigs and trailers and general renovation of specific dock facilities in the Long Beach area are among a few of the reasons.

Over the past several years, we have set our standards extremely high and going backwards in hosting this event was not an acceptable solution to our Board of Directors and our member/guests. Could we have someway put on a Poker Run this year? Maybe…but it would have been a run in which our guests would be fending for slips, parking and other critical things associated with our Run. A minor inconvenience would be one thing but hosting an event in which the obstacles outweigh the pure pleasure would not suffice within SCOPE.

Is SCOPE going out of business or abandoning the ship? Not a chance! Tthere are an abundance of quality events on our schedule! There was a great raft up at Newport Harbor this past weekend, a great San Diego run and a run to Lake Mead, a road trip to the Big Cat run at the Delta…just to name a few…don’t forget about our year end Christmas party…it is always a festive event.

Everyone needs to double check the SCOPE website for all of the events. To date, we have had great participation at all of the events so let’s not allow an absent Poker Run ruin our fun. We are already in the stages of investigating different options for our 2007 Poker Run…you might see it referred as a Blackjack Run!!! What is a Blackjack Run??? Guess you will have to show up and find out what it is all about. The one thing it will be is exciting and fun for the entire family.

In ending, we apologize for disappointing everyone in regards to the Poker Run but we promise to continue with our mission with fun filled events and another major Black Jack/Poker Run in 07. We also want to continue to thank and support our great sponsors that have made our Club unique and fun. Thank you in advance for your patience, understanding and loyalty to our great club. Keep the faith!

Ron Songrath
Founder

Old 05-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SCOPE Poker Run 2006: CANCELLED

Let me guess...... you guys are all selling your boats and buying Ferraris so that you can hang with Jeff and Gary at crystal cove!!!!
Old 05-30-2006, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dhlaw
Let me guess...... you guys are all selling your boats and buying Ferraris so that you can hang with Jeff and Gary at crystal cove!!!!
I have been contemplating that also recently
Old 05-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sad News Indeed! I was looking forward to this year's event as I noticed that it was plugged as a "Blackjack Run". I was thinking to myself of how to play blackjack throughout 5 card stops. I even had relatives coming in from the ranch in Nevada. We'll have to run the course in homage.

Hugh
Old 05-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Registered

No big deal ...this years poker run is now to be held in Nort's pool !

I am sure we will all come up with something to do that weekend- right !

Dave
Old 05-31-2006, 07:07 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Nort,
Which run was it that got cancelled? Sounds like it's becoming a water access issue:

"Insufficient dock spaces for our guests, a lack of quality launching facilities, a lack of water depth at certain launch ramps and channels, shortage of parking for rigs and trailers and general renovation of specific dock facilities in the Long Beach area are among a few of the reasons."

That's too bad! Florida is going thru the same thing right now, alot of marinas are being bought up by developers and being turned into water front condos!
Good luck in 2007,
Dean
Old 05-31-2006, 07:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Nort,
Which run was it that got cancelled? Sounds like it's becoming a water access issue:

"Insufficient dock spaces for our guests, a lack of quality launching facilities, a lack of water depth at certain launch ramps and channels, shortage of parking for rigs and trailers and general renovation of specific dock facilities in the Long Beach area are among a few of the reasons."

That's too bad! Florida is going thru the same thing right now, alot of marinas are being bought up by developers and being turned into water front condos!
Good luck in 2007,
Dean

Yep, what he said....