Memorial Day weekend damage report

Notices

Memorial Day weekend damage report

Old 06-01-2006, 07:44 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Memorial Day weekend damage report

That really SUCKS! I've tried being nice like that too, but not at the risk of damaging my boat or putting my passengers @ risk! You are completely in your rights on a marked channel to idle right on thru those A$$HOLE fisherman!!! The fisherman are the ones in the WRONG Here, you can't block a channel like that!
Dean

Originally Posted by duke252
Talk about bad Luck, Picked up my 06 353 on Friday afternoon. Saturday Morning was idling through a channel which was completely blocked by fishing boats so I idled outside the channel by about 7 to 10 ft and got into some rocks! Looks like I need all new lowers and a prop repair. AHHH!!! Nothing like an insurance claim on Day #2!!

The kicker is that I've been through there 1000 times, I knew not to get to far outside, but I wanted to be the nice guy and avoid the fishermen as much as possible. Looks like I learned my lesson. I'll be buzzing the tower next time.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by insptech
I think Spicy put a dent in my prop with his foot.
Stupid mistake, it still hurts like hell.....
Old 06-01-2006, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

according to my Captains class - commercial fisherman are allowed by maritime law to be in a navig channel while fishing as long as there is ample room for others to go around them and stay in the channel. The key here is COMMERCIAL fisherman. Over the decades, the fisherman's rights to make a living and basically have cart blanch to do their thing has always been enforced. Non-commercial fisherman are like any other vessel - no hanging out in channels.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you fish in the channel you deserve to have you lines cut. We hae to many people here in Jersey that think they can block channels and inlets at will. It burns my butt that the CG or the State Police don't do anything about it. When a power boat comes in a rough inlet and runs one them down you know we will be theonly ones to blame.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Registered

Boated Sat, Sun, Mon, Burnt 100 Gallons Of Gas, Bent One Blade On The Prop And 100 Gallons Of Diesel Going To The Three Different Lakes But Will Do It All Again Cause There Is No Price On The Best Relaxation Of Being On The Water Enjoying Life :d :d :d
Old 06-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by duke252
These were NON-Commercial Fishermen, I would guess somewhere close to 20 bass boats scattered accross the channel within a foot or two of each other. Heck these guys were so close they could have been sharing Bait !!

First time shame on me, next time shame on them.
Exactly, fuk dem fukkin fukkerz I did the same thing with my old boat, went around and went aground, thankfully in Florida, it's all mud. Just go throught them next time and if someone bichez because of the noise, just say, "What!!!!????, Whaaaaaaatttttt????!!!!" and continue to say that
Old 06-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Swamplizard13
according to my Captains class - commercial fisherman are allowed by maritime law to be in a navig channel while fishing as long as there is ample room for others to go around them and stay in the channel. The key here is COMMERCIAL fisherman. Over the decades, the fisherman's rights to make a living and basically have cart blanch to do their thing has always been enforced. Non-commercial fisherman are like any other vessel - no hanging out in channels.

Key phrase is ample room to allow others to stay in the marked channel! You can't block the channel, regardless if you are a commerical idiot or just a recreational idiot! It is just like the idiot crabbers down here in Fl, putting their crab traps/bouys in the channel, it's ILLEGAL to put them in the channel. IDIOTS!
Dean

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 06-01-2006 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
If you fish in the channel you deserve to have you lines cut. We hae to many people here in Jersey that think they can block channels and inlets at will. It burns my butt that the CG or the State Police don't do anything about it. When a power boat comes in a rough inlet and runs one them down you know we will be theonly ones to blame.
Gotta love it when they're all sitting around the tip of hook on a rough day. Then they give you the finger as you drive by.

A while back I was test driving a boat after fixing it. There were a bunch of fisherman sitting in the channel. I crossed over a cruiser wake and came kinda close to a guy who was anchored in the channel fishing. Well, I felt bad and on the way back I slowed down and started telling the guy I was sorry for coming so close to him. He started cursing and threatening to throw a sinker at me! I told him to go f#CK himself and don't anchor in the channel anymore. Went back to the marina and reported him to the state police.

WTF part don't they understand about being in a major channel!
Old 06-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crabtraps in a marked channel irritate the piss out of me too.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by bmanafort
Took delivery of my 2000 30' mystique saturday (showed up from NC at about 2), and proceeded up river for some lunch at the blue oar. Than on Sunday I headed over to long island for my boats deput at claudios with the first spot in the basin.
How was Claudios, busy?
I got wet Monday and ripped around the river to burn up some of that old fuel. Hope to get to Claudios on the 10th or 11th

Quick Reply: Memorial Day weekend damage report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.