Notices

Check this out

Old 05-31-2006, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Check this out

I agree, you Cigarette boat owners are F'n it up for the rest of us.
All in all... Makes for a "good story"
Old 05-31-2006, 04:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just prepare yourself for more laws and restrictions they are coming
Old 05-31-2006, 09:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Robert Geoghegan
If you check out the thread "Loud, Fast, and Pollitically Incorrect" from last week, this was a hot thread.
I missed the original post. Came home for lunch, checked my emails and found this article. Got pissed and figured I'd post it here.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Back4More
I agree, you Cigarette boat owners are F'n it up for the rest of us.
All in all... Makes for a "good story"
Old 05-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Check this out

I only have 2 words to say "Girly Man"!
Old 06-01-2006, 12:06 AM
Registered

The reason this **** keeps happening is that yea there is a big initial uproar but two weeks later everyone is back on the subjects that have lasting appeal -- SEX for one.

What has to be done is that this stuff needs to be brought to attention when it happens but also it has to be brought to the politicalan attention that there is some of us willing to call them on this type of stuff. There is how many members here on OSO that would be willing to at the very least sign a petition just as a start to show our numbers? E-mailing the author of this cock & bull story is a start but it needs to go further, e-mail WSJ, & AOL for starters. Here is the contact page for Dow Jones, owner of WSJ
http://www.dowjones.com/Site/ContactUs.htm
Here is the contact page for AOL Time Warner:
http://www.timewarner.com/corp/contacts_support.html

TAKE 5 MINTUES AND CALL OR BETTER TAKE THE TIME TO WRITE A REAL LETTER AND MAIL IT OR AT THE VERY LEAST SEND AN E-MAIL!!!!

If only one or two does it, it means nothing, if they start getting at least one or two hundred letters about the content of their subsidiaries it might get a second glance; one or two thousand they might just start to question what is going on look into it. But hey if we just sit back and let somebody else take care it will all be ok then too, just don't ***** about their results not being what you wanted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the link to last weeks thread.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=131122
Old 06-01-2006, 03:49 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Oh these damn do-gooders who like their peace and tranquility make me wanna puke. The world is becoming a control freak wonderland. These people have no soul and no passion. Can you imagine a World War 2 Mustang without sound? What next - they go to a live performance of The Planet suite by some huge symphony orchestra and come out saying - it was very good, but a little loud!! They need to focus on whatīs important in life. And a few hours worth of wonderful decibels sure ainīt too much to worry about in the great scheme of things.

GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What an A$$hole! He obviosly doesn't know his transom from a hole in the ground. Talk about bad press... That arcticle isn't even good enough to be wiping my a$$ with!!

I hate those bastards that write that 1 sided BS. He probably is jealous of us all, or his wife wont let him get one.. What a hater.. He needs to get an education & a life. I'm sick of That type of stuff fanning the flames for more boating regulations & ordinances.. Those guys are the dangerous ones!...

Jamie
Old 06-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

I wanna see these 100 plus decibel race boats going 170 plus mph 20 feet from shore in shallow water mowing over some sea turtles and manatees kicking up their "big wakes" burning 5000$ worth of gas a day causing MR. lakefront property owner to choke on his drink (i'm sure he's drinking wine) . Sounds pretty silly when you summarize what this retard said. Sounds like the cigarette/performance boat market is a little smaller than we've been led to believe too,if fountain has a corner on HALF the market with 33 million dollars in sales then the other half of the market (which would be every performance boat companies combined sales) has to share the other 33 million dollars worth of sales ,OSO members probably spend that much ever year just on bravo drives ,Smitty

Last edited by articfriends; 06-02-2006 at 12:08 AM.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

most of the boats she researched were cats...............what a tool
wakes?

Quick Reply: Check this out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.