Default Re: Where to live & boat???

Originally Posted by JCPERF
How about York PA

Old 06-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
If hubby builds custom homes then AZ is a good place, you would make a grip and live in a state with 2 of the greatest lakes in the world, Lake Powell and Lake Havasu.
You forgot LAKE MEADE, AZ
Old 06-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
It just keeps getting worse. A class action lawsuit is being formed against the county for screwing the water issue up so badly. It's pathetic.
Water is going to be a huge issue in a few states over the next couple of years, very much like oil.

My county recently screwed me on tax id's on newly created property that we broke off from our 600 acres. No tax numbers cost us the sale and know our water users association cost another one to back out. The chair of the water user assoc. told the prospective buyer that our water right share's could not be transferred over to the new lots. Who buy's an orchard that can't be watered? We did the transfer with no problems on another sales transaction so the chair lied..... The county is running out of shares for public residentual so the state is trying to usurp our shares for their use..... The buyer was offering double what we had the property listed at, bid war with a developer, who happens to be involved with our water board chair!!!!

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
California is very nice to live but expensive!! My tax rate is 1.85% I pay over $10K a yr in property taxes. The "normal" tax rate is 1.25%, but since the state is reporting it is broke, taxes are alot higher for new homes....some are over 2% taxes!!!!

I have been seriously considering moving sometime where living expenses are much cheaper. My soon-to-be brother-inlaw is moving to Austin, TX. He says is gorgeous out there. I might have to go visit and check it out.

Main reason I do not want to live or establish a business within California or I'd move there and the biggest factor in leaving Washington State.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:15 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
California is very nice to live but expensive!! My tax rate is 1.85% I pay over $10K a yr in property taxes. The "normal" tax rate is 1.25%, but since the state is reporting it is broke, taxes are alot higher for new homes....some are over 2% taxes!!!!

I have been seriously considering moving sometime where living expenses are much cheaper. My soon-to-be brother-inlaw is moving to Austin, TX. He says is gorgeous out there. I might have to go visit and check it out.
Try 2.5-2.75% in w.p.b
Old 06-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tony Montana
I hear ya pal realstate around here is crazy too. Just 2-4 years ago you could get a nice house for 175-250k now same house is 400-600k

But at the same time I got one of those houses that I can now sell

As far as living on water we do not have to live right on (would be great though) I can trailer boat to ramp. We are open to any state that you can boat at least 6 months out of year. And also have good gun laws
Gun Lake Michigan, way over crowded so ya go to Lake Michigan, its big water lots places to go, things to do, but you only get 5 mos of boating. The e-con sucks rite now but a NEW Gov. is soon to be elected (Devos we hope) and then the area should take off again. Big construction going on downtown Grand Rapids, and by the way, I have the house you describe. just 25 min. from G.R. 10 mins. from Gun Lake, 1 hr from Lake Mi. Oh ya, you didn't say you liked snow, cause we get a little of that stuff here. I'd even throw in a shovel !!!! I do have a shooting range in the back yard. and you can shoot and hunt over 4000 ac. of state land all around us and a 40x60 heated garage for your boat.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:35 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HOTROD2
Gun Lake Michigan, way over crowded so ya go to Lake Michigan, its big water lots places to go, things to do, but you only get 5 mos of boating. The e-con sucks rite now but a NEW Gov. is soon to be elected (Devos we hope) and then the area should take off again. Big construction going on downtown Grand Rapids, and by the way, I have the house you describe. just 25 min. from G.R. 10 mins. from Gun Lake, 1 hr from Lake Mi. Oh ya, you didn't say you liked snow, cause we get a little of that stuff here. I'd even throw in a shovel !!!! I do have a shooting range in the back yard. and you can shoot and hunt over 4000 ac. of state land all around us and a 40x60 heated garage for your boat.

Sounds good when do I move in
Old 06-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Registered

After reading the recent post I thought I’d add these.

Arizona - Phoenix is Nationally recognized as the nation's "Best Managed City"
Arizona has at least $11.45 Billion In Cash Surpluses (2003) in 2006 the Governor mailed out a poll to get public opinion on how best spend the extra money.
Arizona property taxes average 1.3% of assessed value, which is 10% of market value and in my experience market value has been 30~40% lower than actual sale price. In County pockets you will find million dollar estates with acreage, RV/boat garages with yearly property taxes around $2,000.00+-.
Arizona does not impose an inheritance tax or a gift tax.
Arizona unemployment rate is 4.4%
Arizona - Phoenix's overall cost of living is 13% below the national average.
Arizona – Phoenix is the 5th largest city in USA.

We pay more than most states for Vehicle License plates but from what you save in property tax it’s a drop in the bucket. A $40,000.00 car/truck will cost you about $630.00 for one year then it goes down each year based on the vehicles depreciation and we all know how fast that happens…
Old 06-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Lg Ny
Ha! She said low taxes & real estate for 250K. In lake
george you cant buy a trailer for 250k,and the taxes
would be 5k a year on it! O yea, you can only boat
for 5 months and 2 of them you have to wear a
snowmobile suit.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tony Montana
Sounds good when do I move in
Lets make a trade deal, I,m wanting to move south!!!!!!!??????
Old 06-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CanDo
Flash, how is the Green Cove Springs area? Friend is looking around there. What development of Fleming Island are you in & are you on navigable water w/access to the St. Johns? thanks, CanDo
We are in Flemming Oaks which is an older area right on the St. Johns. We are on navigable water two homes in from the river. We like the location. Close to Jax for some city life yet still more of a small town feel. Green Cove is a little south and still further removed from "big city life" but its growing fast.

Quick Reply: Where to live & boat???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.