Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO Member Outer42 Needs Your Help! >

OSO Member Outer42 Needs Your Help!

Notices

OSO Member Outer42 Needs Your Help!

Old 06-01-2006, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy OSO Member Outer42 Needs Your Help!

To all NJPPC & Offshoreonly.com members and friends;

It is well known and documented that performance boaters - especially NJPPC and Offshoreonly.com members have big hearts and rally around and support people and events in need.

Shore Dreams - getting a jeep for a Iraq war veteran - collecting money for people who lost their home - helping pay for a funeral of someone who perished in a poker run are testaments to the big hearts of all our boating brethern.

One of the biggest hearts of all belongs to a fellow NJPPC / Offshore Only member Scott Applegate (Outer42 - on OSO). Scott has always been first in line to write a check or send a truck or do whatever it takes to help out people in need. The words "NO" or "CAN'T" never coms from his lips.

Now, it is time for all of us to support Scott in time of his need!

Scott has come down with a very serious illness that has put him in the hospital and has required surgery. Scott has a long road of recovery to recouperate from hist illness and his surgery.

Scott does not need money. Scott needs our prayers, our moral support and our concern while he battles this illness.

It would be of tremendous help if you could drop him a short note or get well card to demonstrate that we miss him and are pulling for him to have a speedy recovery.

We have attached a simple note that can be printed out, signed and mailed to him if you don't happen to have a get well card. PLEASE TAKE 2 MINUTES out of your busy schedule to make a difference in Scott's life. Just print it out - sign it and mail it to the address below.

Please mail messages and cards to:

Scott Applegate
Room Number: CUPP 5 CELL- 572A.
PENN PRESBYTERIAN MEDICAL CENTER
39TH AND MARKET STREETS
PHILADELPHIA , PENNSYLVANIA 19104.

He really needs to be reminded of how many friends in the boating community he has!
"A friend is what the heart needs all the time.”- Henry van Dyke

Thank you for your help and consideration!

Sincerely,
Dave Patnaude
Charlie Amorosi
NJ Performance Powerboat Club
Old 06-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: OSO Member Outer42 Needs Your Help!

In the mail tomorrow!

3 years ago when I was in the hosptial for 2 months I received about 50 cards from OSO members. Man there is some funny stuff in them! I have to tell you that receiving those cards and reading through them sure helped my morale and passing of time. We all should flood Outer42 with cards!
Old 06-01-2006, 07:59 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

its in the mail Scotts the man
Old 06-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I'll see if we can't get little Applegate Trucking decals made to put on all the race boats in Point Pleasant. Scott has either raced, been a volunteer or a sponsor of our racing efforts.

Sorry to hear this. I hope it all turns out OK.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Registered

Scott has always been one of the great guys with a huge heart. Scott also has a huge sense of humor. He is always the first one to bust balls but do it with a smile and a laugh that only a true friend could have.

Scotty and I having busted each others balls for years. I first met Scotty in Barnegat Bay ........maybe 4-5 yrs ago. He had his 37 Outerlimits JUSTruckin and he wanted to enter the NJPPC Radar Shootout. He ran the following day with a loud...BOOOOOM!!!!!!!!! Lost a motor on the 1st run.

Since that day, Scott has been a great friend and someone you can always laugh with. One of my latest memories with Scott was seeing him as the drunken mess he is....in key west.....being driven around in a golf cart as he was BLASTED!!!!!!!!!! But always still had the wits about him for a laugh.

I love him as a friend and I would do anything for him. I hope to see him this weekend so I can remind him how much he is admired.

Scotty - get well soon so we can party like key west all over again!
Old 06-01-2006, 11:08 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Scotty is the best there is !

I too experienced the Duval crawl with him as well as had some great laughs at the NY Poker Runs.

My prayers are with you Scott!

I hope you have a laptop with you so that you can view these messages and pass the time.

I will make an effort to see you on Monday!

If you do not have a laptop available, then we will have to print out these well wishes for you!

Good Luck!

PS
I'm available if you would like me to drive your Outerlimits to AC!
(J/K, On going joke between Scotty & I for years...)
Attached Thumbnails OSO Member Outer42 Needs Your Help!-sdfk05-018-large-.jpg   OSO Member Outer42 Needs Your Help!-100_1012r.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 06-01-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:54 AM
Registered

how true mike a card goes a long way in make you feel better . outer 42 get well soon it's boating season and time for a beer or two . hope it will be a short recovery , and back on the boat soon robbie .
Old 06-02-2006, 08:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's in the mail.

Get well soon Scott!

Old 06-03-2006, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear this, best wishes for a speedy recovery. I just wrote out a card.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Scott you have my prayers.I for one can tell you first hand the O.S.O. family really pulls for its own.............magnum mark..........

Quick Reply: OSO Member Outer42 Needs Your Help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.