Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

You Da Man!

Go Ford
Old 01-01-2002, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Catmando- I don't know about the others but the Dodges with diesels have the same goodies on the 2500 as the 3500- frame, brakes, axle & spring as well as tow ratings. Yes, I'm giving up two tires and the fenders that won't let you in the car wash or the drivethru at the bank- I can actually haul more trailer as the truck weighs less than the dually. It does seem to cook the back tires though, thats what happens when you warm the engine up a little and you can't hear them spinning over the clatter of the diesel. Just my .02- I think the Dodge 2500 Diesel is plenty of tow truck. Now if I was going to carry a 4k slide in camper around and tow my boat- that would be different.
Old 01-01-2002, 11:03 AM
Registered

Cool

Hey Jon, congradulations! I'm sure the peace of mind will be worth the payments...

Originally posted by Audiofn:
<STRONG>Thanks for all the info you guys have given me over the last few weeks it helped me with my search big time.</STRONG>
Just let me know if you need any help with the stereo...

Old 01-01-2002, 11:39 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Havasue you one funny guy!!!

Actually the stereo I think will need a upgrade. I sat in the truck and everything was so nice then the stereo.... YUCK!!!! Out it will come and in goes a pair of 8's or 10's behind the back seat with a built in amp rack. Headunit will remain stock as I do not want anyone to know what is in there. Actually the head units can work ok. For now I will swap out the speakers and call it a winner. No time to play got to work to pay for this pig!!!

Catatude: I agree with you the Dodge is a real nice truck to drive and did make the decision hard. However when it came down to it the room in the crew cab made up my mind for me. Will be a nice place to live when I get tossed out of the house Just send your mail to John C/O a TRUCK DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! Everyone told me that the dodge motors were real loud and I think actually that they were very close when in the cab of the truck. They did (at leaste the ones that I drove) make a high pitched wineing noise that was driving me crazy, kind of like a alternator wine through the stereo.
Old 01-01-2002, 12:03 PM
Registered

Audio, I'm glad you finally made a decision and bought it. I'll bet your glad to have that off your shoulders and ready to enjoy that baby!

A kind of Christmas / New Year's present to yourself. Way to go sweetie!
Old 01-01-2002, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Jon if its the power stroke diesel you are going to love it . My cousin towed my boat back from Tonawanda to Toronto in less than an hour and a half hardly felt close to 10,000 lbs on the back of his F350. One tip take time to set up proper tongue weight will make all the difference in the world when towing especially in the rain. Tongue weight should be no more than 10% of total trailer weight. Good luck you are going to love the truck, Rick G. P.S. if you ever get up to Toronto I would love to get some boat driving tips alla NICKSLICK have fun.
Old 01-01-2002, 09:09 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Rick: Thanks for the info. The trailer is set up mint!! I can run as fast as I want and no sway what so ever. I am very happy. That was with my lowly little F250 as well!! I am sure I will have NO problems with this monster. As far as driving tips I would be more then happy to help ya out. Perhaps we should plan a weekend some were in the middle of the two of us, maybe in NY area or somthing. Something for the summer, then we can compare all the work, blood, sweet, and tears, that we have been putting into these old girls.

Jon
Old 01-01-2002, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats on the new ride . Did you get it from a dealer ? You might be able to finance through Ford .

Enjoy that POWER stroke !!
Old 01-01-2002, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Hey Jon I am thinking of doing the 1,000 Island poker run. Which is in up state NY in August. Let me know. Also check out my post on Nickslick re; exhuast. Rick G.
Old 01-02-2002, 01:06 AM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Jon congrats on the new truck. Good choice getting the diesel. Your going to love the money your going to save on those long halls.

Quick Reply: I did it I bought a new Tow Truck!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.