Notices

Old 06-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default profile

Anybody here have profile,lookin at a 260v w496ho.....

price is right, never seen one or ridden on one......
look good in the pics
any input would be great,thanks
Old 06-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: profile

I looked at a 1996 27 ft. Profile today and do not know anything about them either. Did not take it for a ride, but it seemed to be well built. I would like to know some more background on Profiles too.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

:d
Old 06-14-2006, 06:42 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Another member has had some really bad experiences with Profile.

I have only been on one; a 30 footer with twins, and personally, I thought the deck felt very thin. It really flexed when I walked across it, and I only weigh about 160 lbs. I have been on a many boats where you can see/feel the deck flex a bit, but the Profile really stuck in my mind for this.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Another member has had some really bad experiences with Profile.

I have only been on one; a 30 footer with twins, and personally, I thought the deck felt very thin. It really flexed when I walked across it, and I only weigh about 160 lbs. I have been on a many boats where you can see/feel the deck flex a bit, but the Profile really stuck in my mind for this.
thanks for the honest opinions Sydwayz!!

is the member still around the board???

can you say what the issues were??

pm if they don't post publically

B4 I make a trip to check out the boat,
like to hear more input good or bad....sounds like a sea trial is a definite even though its new they say life time waranty on hull

Last edited by camptappakeg69; 06-14-2006 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I've heard there are some issues with some older Profiles but from what I have read their newer stuff is much better.

There was a 28 cat that was at Torch for a few years. A really nice looking boat and ran great in the chop. But I never got a close-up look at it. They would be on my short list if I ever switch to a cat.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

They are fair but they also don't cost as much as many other boats the same size. A friend of mine had a 96 29V and it does handle LOTO better than many other boats that size. I know people had some problems with the early 90's versions.
They are a very light boat. Sounds like customer support was real bad just like HTM is with my boat.
Profile has new owners now from what I was told.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Registered

Didn't say anything about new ownership but I didn't ask..

vp of sales assured me of local service on warranty issues for what that's worth hopefully wouldn't need it

Looks like a good value on a true 25 foot boat with decent deadrise angle and decent power

better than what I got now
Old 06-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Registered

I had a 1995 27, the boat had the look, freeboard, cabin, was fast, handled great. the problem with mine was it wouldnt stay togeather. the bottom came apart in chunks,the cocpit floor turned inti a spring board,the painted steel cabin door frame rusted away,it had cracks all over it, and when I took it all the way back to the factory it became more of a night mare. really dont want to get into it in detail. the best thing that came out of that boat was on the way back home from iowa I met Pat at Active Thunder. the rest is history. I say stay as far away from profile as you can get!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 05:38 AM
Registered

Talking Re: profile

I went to the Profile factory to look at their 26ft to purchase about a year ago. Needless to say no purchase. A word of caution- look and pound with your fist throughly. Just my openion..

Quick Reply: profile

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.